Chapter 4

Joys pov

It took a while for us to get to the tavern but when we did thorin told me to meet him in the woods.

After walking for a few minutes I see thorin sitting by the river holding a box in his hand.

I sit next to him and just stare at him. He looks very handsome at the moment. He must not have seen me sit next to him. Because he turned his head and was met with my face staring. We were just looking in each others eyes when I subconsciously started to lean forward. When I realised what I was doing. I turned the other way embarrassed. I cant believe I did that! All I hear is him groan with his deep voice while I see him still staring at me.

'why?' he asked.

I turned to look at him. With a confused look. While he just stares at me. I look down ashamed. Ashamed that I almost kissed him. Ashamed that I'm nothing more than an average person falling for a mighty king. Just ashamed.

After a few seconds he lifted my chin up to look at him and slammed his lips onto mine. I immediately kissed back. We went like that until we both needed air when he stopped and handed me the box he was holding.

'do not be ashamed joy daughter of Jain son of kain. You are worthy of the mightiest of kings. And I could only wish to call you mine. Now open your gift. It's not your birthday everyday!'

How did he know it was my birthday? Glorielle!

Inside the box was a clasp with the same pattern as his ring. To say it was beautiful is an understatement.

I turned to give him a hug but was met halfway with another kiss. It was soft but meaningful. As if he was saying that Im his. He pulled away after a few seconds. Leaving my lips cold and longing for his. Being the impatient person I am, I put the box on the ground next to us and turned back to him. Slamming my lips to his. With fire and greed.

After a long few minutes there was a snapping of twigs next to us.

'kili you big oath!' that was Fili.

Thorin was just looking at me while he pulled me up with him and we joined the others. Hand in hand. Not before I slapped kili and Fili on the heads as we walked past them though.

-----------------

HEY GUYS. IM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING I'VE BEEN BUSY WITH MY NEW PUPPY. ANYWAY I DID A MUCH LONGER VERSION OF THIS BUT IT GOT DELETED AND MY INTERNET RUNS OUT IN TWO MINUTES SO I WILL DEFFINATELY UPDATE TOMORROW. THANKS FOR READING. <3:-)