repetitive thoughts (Bonus Chapter)

One time, somewhere around after the night of Kirsten seeing Cameron's scar and when he mentioned about the scar she couldn't stop thinking on that specific feature on him. How it's pink slightly swollen line goes straight down a couple inches. How it was the size of his heart, but mentally his heart is a thousand times bigger in her opinion. She asked herself, why was his heart that small? He doesn't have a small heart, or a cold one, it was a huge warm heart that she experienced with. It didn't deserve these small tools- interrupting the whole wonder of it.

That's when the next day, was a different day for her. She couldn't sleep throughout the middle of the night, kept tossing and turning, tangling up her sheets between her legs. About five hours later of non-stop curiosity over Cameron's scar, she didn't notice the sun was a quarter showing. Her reaction ended up planting her face flat down on the pillow with a small thump as she groaned. Then turned her whole body to lay on her back, holding the pillow on her face. Why was this irrelevant small scar making her crazy? How was this something to be focused about? Kirsten smacked the pillow the second time to her forehead.

When she entered the lab the first person to come to her was Cameron. Cute, bubbly, happy, handsome Cameron. He greeted her with a kiss on the cheek while he said "Good morning, Stretch." Kirsten didn't return the greeting, instead she had this slightly dazed expression and couldn't stop staring at him like he was a piece of meat. She slowly trailed her eyes to the middle of his clothed chest while her mouth parted. With just a few seconds passing by, Cameron stood there really confused on her weird behavior. He coughed,

"Is there something bothering you?"

Kirsten's thoughts on his chest get snapped. "What? Oh no, no- I was just," Kirsten paused thinking on what to say next to surprised Cameron at this time of day. "I'm gonna change." She sprinted quickly to her changing room. Before she could go any further, Cameron tried to grab her forearm but missed. Why didn't she say good morning back?

Every time he started a conversation with her just because he wanted his intelligent Kirsten back, not distracted-over-unknown-thought Kirsten, she would put her eyes back where his chest was. Staring directly at it and he would have no idea. He thought she was staring off to space over a past memory of a stitch, or over-analyzing what she had to remember. But that was it. She over-analyzed, and analyzed, and analyzed on that scar. Kirsten was still staring directly at the center on his chest trying to see what would it would look like without the fabric.

"Hey, you wanna come to my apartment tonight?"

She doesn't respond.

"Stretch! Macchiato with just the subtlest hint of Mexican cocoa?" He comes walking towards Kirsten with a mug in his hand.

Her mouth didn't say a word.

-

After some walking around the lab, not even minding the weird stares she'd get from Linus, Alex, or even Maggie. Especially Cameron, she didn't even care she was repeating the same path shes been going on for almost an hour. Now he got worried. Could something trigger her mind to do that?

In Kirsten's mind she thought if she kept walking and walking in circles of the lab she'd maybe start to forget about that stupid scar, and maybe focus more on her steps. Of course due to her condition she never realized how long she's been walking. And she doesn't care.

But the thought of Cameron's scar still hasn't faded away. It's going to drive her insane if she doesn't confront him about it. She clearly stated herself she will not crack over a sappy memory. She expects if she does, she'll just get a laugh out of Cameron that will leave her in idiocy and sorrow. Kirsten shivers over that. So stick with that subject to not make a fool out of yourself.

Pretty Remarkable ✘ camsten fic.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें