Chapter 14

"Monica I... I love you" he whispered as he fell asleep, clinging to her weak and sleep-induced body.

Chandler stood in a darkened room, surrounded by unknown faces. But as he turned, all of the faces started to become familiar to him. Ross and his parents were there, but no Monica. "Where's Mon?" Chandler asked as he approached Ross, then he saw something that haunted him. "Monica!" Chandler screamed as he ran forward towards the coffin before him. Then he noticed all of the details he had missed. Ross and his family were crying. Everybody was dressed in black too. Chandler stared down at the lifeless body before him in shock. "No Monica! No! You can't go! I love you! I LOVE YOU!!!"

"Ah!" he screamed as his body flew upright. "Chandler? Are you alright?" He heard a very familiar voice from behind him. He turned and saw the concerned face of Monica behind him and threw his arms around her. "Why did you do that! Huh?! What the hell were you thinking?!" He cried into her shoulder as he held her tightly. "I'm sorry Chandler. I just... I don't know. I just wanted the drink" she said looking into his eyes as he pulled back to look at her. "You listen to me!" He took her face in his hands "you stop this, okay? I can't stand the thought of losing you... ever! Monica, I don't want anything to happen to you. I was so worried about you. Please. Don't ever do that again. Promise me... promise me, please" his voice became a whisper. Tears rolled down Monica's cheeks as she heard his words. "No one's ever cared about me. Not until now, so What are you saying Chandler?" She whispered through her sobs. Chandler dropped one hand to her waist and the other rested on her cheek. "Monica. You mean the world to me. you're all I want and all I need" he whispered before leaning in and capturing her lips in a soft yet meaningful kiss. Monica sighed as the kiss intensified. Suddenly Chandler pulled back and they leaned the foreheads together. "I love you Monica, and I don't care if you don't love me. I don't even care if you hate me. I just want you to know that I love you so much and I wont let anything happen to you ever and" he was cut off as she smashed her lips to his, knocking him backwards so that she was now on top of him. "Chandler... I... I... I love..." but she stopped and sat up. "Monica?" He asked quietly, rolling onto his side to watch her. "I don't want to get hurt again" she sighed as she lay next to him, facing the ceiling. "I will never EVER hurt you okay, ever. I love you Monica. You're all I want, and I don't ever want to loose you" he said, leaning up on his arm so he hovered above her. "Chandler?" She whispered as her hand reached up to stroke his cheek. He leant down and gave her a soft kiss before pulling back to look into her eyes with reassurance. "I love you too" she smiled back as their lips came back together.