Chapter 7

"Wait... why are we stopping?" Monica giggled as Chandler parked the van at the side of the road. "Just sit RIGHT there and I'll be back in like 5 minutes, okay?" Monica stared anxiously but was calmed slightly when Chandler leaned over and kissed her "Better?" He whispered against her lips. "yeah" she giggled as he got out of the car.

While Chandler was gone Monica sat in deep-thought. She thought about Michael. she thought about her life decisions. She thought about the previous night in the motel, but most of all she thought about Chandler, and that thought made her smile. She sat in Chandler's van and beamed at the thought of him. How could he have that effect on her, sure she had, had a a crush on him for years, but it was a crush. He was her big brother's friend. But now he was Chandler, not Ross's friend but Chandler, and Monica loved the idea of being more than friends themselves.
Suddenly Monica found herself leaning down to the side of her chair, her hand rummaging for something, something she remembered. Once she had retrieved what she had been searching for, she lifted her arm to reveal her half empty bottle of vodka from that Chandler had taken from her the previous day.
Slowly she turned the cap on top, the strong smell intoxicating, but as she lifted the bottle to take a sip, she caught a glimpse of Chandler heading back towards her.
Monica quickly put the bottle back down to her side before turning around to face his door.

"Hey!" Chandler smiled as he jumped into the driver's seat. "Hey, what's that?" She pointed to the large waterproof bag he held in his hand.
"Oh, just a little something" he smiled, leaning over and kissing her cheek "come on, you'll see when we get to where I was going" he laughed as he restarted up the engine.

"So, what did you do while I was gone?" Chandler asked, his voice sounding almost unsettlingly excited yet nervous. "Uh, nothing. I just sat here and waited for you" she smiled awkwardly, hoping he wouldn't catch onto her uneasy tone.
"Well, not much more waiting now, we're almost here" Chandler smiled as he turned off of the road and down a small dirt track. "Chandler, please tell me where we're going" Monica pleaded with him, yet before she had received an answer she heard him almost scream "We're here!".
Monica looked out of the van window as they passed an old sign that read:
"Birch and Oak Camping Grounds"
"Oh god!" Monica sighed as she threw her head into her hands, but she still heard Chandler laughing at her reaction.