Dates and Parties

Dinner was fantastic! It was better than dinner at home for the past week. Tré and his friends don't practice table manners, since they were loud and messy and irritating. Anyways, it was nice of Cameron to take me out to dinner. My best friend is the fucking best!

After I finished the last of the my water, the bill came and Cameron paid with a few $100 bills. I was standing up until Cameron grabbed ahold of my hand. I glanced up at him. He looked like he wanted to say something. Like something really important.

I turned my body towards his and he stood up in front of me, now intwining his fingers in between mine. My eyebrow rose with confusion and interest. I laughed.

"Aren't we a bit affectionate tonight?" I snickered. "I'm listening, Cam. Tell me."

        It took him a while to say anything because he just glanced between my hands and my face while he struggled to find words. I stood there patiently. If it took that long to say, I'm sure it was coming deep. We had a thing. We would keep things real between us. No secrets, no lies. I don't play that shit.

If we talk, our relationship should strive to last.

"Be my girl, Alexis. I really ain't for being deep but you know I always got you." Cameron finally spoke with a smirk.

He likes me? I had to admit, Cameron was hot as hell. He had a great personality, which was why I claimed him as my best friend for three years. I smiled. Why would I pass up on this? I wrapped my arms around his neck. "It's just us now." I kissed him, a bit overexcited. But who wouldn't be? I have a boyfriend! And by far, a sexy ass boyfriend!

After the kiss, we left out the restaurant and to his 2015 Ferrari California. We got in the car and we started to drive off. I rested my hand on top of his on the middle armrest thing, and he held mine. I kissed him on his cheek and he kissed my hand. Tonight was just great. People at school always thought we went out, because we were that down for each other. So, it wouldn't even be a surprise.

        With my other hand, I took out my iPhone 6 and started to send Nia a text.

To: Nia4L💅🏾❤️

girllllllll 🌚 guess what!!! me and cam 🌍💍

From: Nia4L💅🏾❤️

really?? congrats boo 😊 ill let yall get it on and ill text u later

By that time, we arrived at my mansion. Cameron got out the car and opened the door for me, like the "gentleman" he normally was. He never really done that until today. He even walked me to the door. I wanted this to last longer but tomorrow we had school and I needed my rest. After taking the keys out of my Louis Vuitton Neverfull GM tote, the door opened and I walked in.

"I'll catch ya ass tomorrow. Night." Cameron smirked.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Whatever, goodnight." I gave him a kiss goodbye and I watched his car speed off down the road before closing the door finally. My heels clicked against the marble floors and I went upstairs. I heard some laughing and rap music blaring from Tré's room. I went into his room. Tré and Brent were playing on his PS4 while Lo was hovering over his Macbook. Neither of them even noticed and it made me roll my eyes. Walking out the room, I slammed the door. Going into my room to the bathroom inside to take a shower.

I came out of the steamy bathroom, already dressed for bed. I took out my phone again. I made sure to change Cameron's name to 🌍💍❤️ and text him before I went to bed. I checked my Instagram and Twitter, my phone still going off due to all the notifications because my accounts were always popping. In my bios, I put 🔐 in them to let them know it's official!

In the midst of it, I got a text from Anaya.

From: AA 💁🏽🍃

u and cam? 👀😊

It was weird. Why did she care? As far as I know, Cameron didn't even like Anaya, let alone willingly talked to her. I mean, I felt the secondhand annoyance from her sometimes. Even at times I told her to chill with that shit if he doesn't like her but she never listens. I ignored the text and went to text Cameron instead. I was tired and I had school tomorrow. I needed an adequate amount of sleep.

To: 🌍💍❤️

goodnight cammie 💤 i hope u sleep well and love u ❤️😩

And then, I finally went to bed.

-

I woke up around 6:15am to the annoying beeping of my alarm clock. My eyes cracked open but I stared up at the ceiling. The events of last time replayed itself in my mind. I have a boyfriend. I have a boyfriend. Cameron was my boyfriend.

To: 🌍💍❤️

gm 😊 see u at school ❤️ i gotta get ready

From: 🌍💍❤️

gm 😏 and alr

        I went straight to my closet and putting on a nude coloured crop cami with high waisted jeans with matching nude heels. Then, I went to the bathroom to exfoliate my face and put on some mascara and eyeliner. I brushed my hair back into a low ponytail. Going downstairs, Brent and Lo were still here. I walked past them, none of them acknowledging me. I went to the kitchen and started up the fire for some oatmeal and started slicing a banana. After five minutes, I sat down at the table and ate my breakfast while I checked my phone.

Nothing much was happening down my TL . But school was going to be lit. I couldn't wait to go see my boyfriend. Thinking about him just made me smile. I finished my breakfast and put the bowl in the sink. I walked back upstairs to grab my pink MCM Diamond Stark backpack and went to the front door. Turning my head, Tré and his friends still haven't left for school. I rolled my eyes and went out the door to my 2015 Mercedes Benz G-Wagon and drove off to school.

-

When I got to school, I went to my locker. I haven't seen any of my friends yet. Grabbing my books, I shut my locker and walked to geometry. As I entered the classroom, I first noticed that Anaya wasn't here. Normally, she was always here early. She sat in front of Cameron. Guess that'll save him the headache.

I sat in my usual seat, next to Cameron, who was looking at me. I smiled at him. The snickering of Chris caught me attention, which made me roll my eyes. Cameron must've told him already. As far as I know his single ass shouldn't be laughing.

"Good morning, Cameron. Christopher." I greeted.

"Aye, aye, no need to be so hateful. Get ya girl, Cameron." Chris nudged Cameron, in which he scooted away from him. "Get you a girl, Chris." Cameron retorted back.

"I-" Before Chris could say anything, class started.

-

        At lunch, me and Cameron went to sit at our usual table with Nia, Rashawd, and Anaya, who wasn't here. I set my tray, that consisted of a chicken fajita, an apple, and a Naked Strawberry Lemonade smoothie, and sat down next to Cameron. I waved at Nia.

"Congrats, it's not much of a surprise to us." Nia winked. I rolled my eyes. "Whatever, but thanks."

"Good luck with this ugly nigga." Chris laughed.

Cameron frowned. "What? I know you ain't fucking talk."

I didn't bother saying anything else. Chris was always asking for his ass to get roasted. I turned to Nia and took a sip of my smoothie. She glanced up from her phone and gestured me to come closer. Without question, I did. "'Ol nigga throwing a party tomorrow. Starts at 8. We have to go to the mall." She told me. A party? I was going to be there! My face lit up. "For real? Alright, after cheer practice. Meet me at my house."

Author's Note:

Welcome to a revised Better Off. Please vote and comment. Thanks for reading!