Chapter 1: The Trophy Wife...The Move

Edited 06/01/16

Trophy Wife:

Wikipedia Definition: Trophy wife is an informal term for a wife, usually young and attractive, who is regarded as a for the husband, who is often an older and wealthy.

Referring to a spouse as a trophy wife usually reflects negatively on the character or personality of the husband, and has a connotation of and desire to impress others, and that the husband would not be able to attract the sexual interest of the attractive woman but for his wealth or position. It can also be used to imply that the trophy wife in question has little personal merit besides her physical attractiveness, does very little of substance outside of remaining attractive, requires substantial costs for maintaining her appearance and is in some ways synonymous with the term.  

Katerina Cavill

Ring

Ring

Ring

"Hello?" I say when I answer the phone and put it on the car speakers.

"Katerina...hello Darling! How are you?" I hear William say on the other line.

"I'm well and you?!" I ask.

"Well, considering..." he says sighing deeply. I wonder what it is this time?

"Considering?" I ask but I already know what it might be. He only sighs like this when things aren't going well with a Business deal.

"...Considering that I'm not there with you...my beautiful wife. I'm sorry again I can't be there while you are moving all our things to our new home. You know I would if..."

"I know...if you didn't have that very important deal. I understand." I tell him...it seems like that's all I've been telling him this past few years. You would think if you owned multiple million dollar businesses you could take time off to accompany your wife to move to a new State...or in this case country.

"I know you understand Katerina. I think you are one of the most understanding person I know." How many times have I heard him say this to me?

"If you say so William..." I tell him, there's no reason to get upset...AGAIN

"Are you on the way to the house? Are the movers there? Is Milo with you?!" he asked in one breath. Why does he care now?!

"I'm about ten minutes away, the movers are behind me and Milo is right next to me..." I tell him glancing over at Milo who is sitting next to me on the passenger seat...quietly.

"Good, good! I am so pleased that everything is going well. You are doing good Darling." he praises me like I'm a small child. I'm 24 years old for goodness sake!

"I'm glad you approve William..."

"Mr. Cavill, Mr. Hughes is waiting for you in the Conference room." I heard his assistant Myriam say in the background.

"Tell Mr. Hughes that I will be there shortly, I am dealing with a personal matter!" he tells her...Wow, I didn't realize that I was a "personal matter" he had to deal with!

"I do apologize Darling but I do need to head to a meeting. I will call you later to check up on you." he says. I'm o sure he will check up on me!

"Alright, have a good meeting William and I'm sure I will speak to you later." I tell him.

"Tell Milo I will be calling him later to check on things..." he always calls Milo to "check" on things. "Goodbye for now Darling..."