Chapter 2 : biting tail

"Okay you lazy asses, who's going hunting with me ?" Asked Pedro.
He was tall, dark, but not so handsome. He was a hairy dude with a buzz cut, weirdest combination I've ever seen.

Out of everyone of the Empailleurs, he was the one with the most horrendous mood swings. The guy was like a little bitch, I swear, it took us three years to get along. Thankfully, he was a trustworthy man, making his bitchy ways less... Bitchy ?

We were all huddled around the table, drinking beer and laughing loudly. I was in the middle of an arm wrestling battle when suddenly, everything went black.

No I did not faint, and by the smell of the fingers, I could tell that it was Leo. It was confirmed when he yelled "Pedro man, come on, just because we're naked when we turn doesn't mean we're a bunch of nudist ! Sarah's innocence is at stake here ! "

"Yeah because living with a bunch of pigs since I was twelve sure protected me from the male species" I dryly said.

I swear, having two overbearing brothers was one thing, but I've known those guys for seven years now. I was kind of everyone's little sister, explaining my lack of experience in pretty much everything love related.

"No, not pigs, W-O-L-V-E-S Sarah boo, W-O-L-V-E-S !!" Exclaimed Hugo, the youngest of us all, being only fifteen and lanky. He is honestly the most adorable guy I've ever known, but he was in a terrible accident when he was little, losing his family and hitting his head so hard that he got forever scarred. After his accident, he was judged as weak by his alpha and treated as a punching bag by his pack.

When he heard of us two years ago, he took matter into his own hands and joined us. I've been trying to help him with school related stuff since then, and I can proudly say he's making huge progress.

"I'm pleasantly surprised that you can spell that Go, I see you've been studying" I told him, as he gave me the biggest smile I've ever seen on someone's face.

"Stop teasing the kid Sar" that rough voice came from my one and only best friend, Skate, whom I've known since birth. He followed us here when my brothers and I left the pack , having no parents to stay for.

He's honesty grown to be a very handsome guy, even though he kind of looks like a caveman from some erotica novel. I'm currently trying to make him lose that impressive beard of his, to no avail unfortunately. He says it makes him 'more manly'.

I think it makes him look like a serial killer but to each his own...

I just send him a wink and focused back on Pedro, trying not to get too much distracted by his... Banana. And he's got quite the fruit...

"I'll go with you man, it'll keep me from doing the dishes after diner" I spoke. On top of it, it's been a long time since I've let my wolf out, and I've been more agitated then usual.

Maybe one of the guys will find his mate soon. I would never tell them that, but I would be scared out of my mind if a girl was to join us. I mean, man talk ? I could do, it's what I've always known, but girl talk ? Give me a bucket.

So I got up, messed with my brothers hair, kissed Skatey on the cheek and stuck my tongue out to the guys. Once outside, I turned around, threw my clothes on the bag we put on the porch and changed, slowly and painfully into my alter ego, the werewolf. You see, turning into a wolf is a soul crashing experience. Your skin is not your skin, all your bones start cracking, one by one oh so slowly, and it usually takes me half an hour to be comfortable again in my wolf shape.

Skate and I like to picture ourselves as the improved version of wolves. We are way bigger, way faster, and way smarter, thanks to our human minds.

Pedro and I started play fighting and running more deeply into the woods. His wolf was, like him, a ginger. poor soul. As I ran, I felt at peace, my human worries left with my clothes at the front porch. My ultra developed sight allowed me to see the forest in a way that would make any camping lover go bonkers. Every single thing was enhanced.
~
It was getting darker by the time we had managed to kill many bunnies and a deer decided to go back, when we heard a twig crack. In a forest full of fauna, we thought nothing of it and started a chase to the house. If only we had known.
~
Ok so hello, again I'm sorry if there's no action yet but I want you to know the characters a bit better before that...
So yeah, hope you like it, peace out !
C.F