Accepting Who We Are

ASHLEY

I ran out the door after the Quads, my heart pounding in my chest. "How was he attacked?" I asked them. Tyler turned around. "He was in the woods and he mind-linked us. But by the time we got there, he was on the ground with a silver blade in his side."

This is all our fault. He was in the woods cause he was angry at us. Midnight whimpered.

I wish we had just told him the truth from the beginning. He wouldn't be there if it wasn't for us.

We reached the front door and ran out, a crying Amy hugging Spencer. We raced to the infirmary and rushed in. Hannah, Sam, Seth and Hunter were standing there.

"He's fine, Ashley." Sam said after seeing my face. I looked through the glass window and saw Zack sleeping in the room with a bandage around him lower abdomen.

"What happened?" I asked. "He was in the woods and theses hunters appeared from nowhere. He had no problem fending them off till one of them jump-attacked him with the blade." Seth said.

"It didn't go to deep so it should heal in a couple of days. We'll move him to the room later." Hunter said, smiling and putting a hand on my shoulder.

I looked at Zack again. His face was full of sweat droplets and there was a cut above his right eyebrow. He looked okay otherwise.

"Excuse us." Seth and Hunter walked off with their mates and I felt something tug at my shorts. Amy was looking up at me with red eyes.

I picked her up and put he on my hip. "Will he be okay?" She whispered and I nodded giving her a small smile.

Tyler stood in front of us. "Let's go Amy. Mom and Dad are calling. You need to go to bed." He took her from me and walked off with his brothers in tow.

I looked at the wall clock and realized it was 3 A.M. in the morning. I opened the door and walked into the room.

I sat down in the chair next to his bed. Now that I was closer, I noticed how bloody the bandage was. This is all my fault.

I don't know how long I sat there, the guilt eating me alive from the inside when Steven walked through the door.

"Luna, we are moving him to the room. I think it's best if you wait there." I knew the moment he said Luna I wasn't supposed to question him. I got up and walked out.

I raced up to the room and waited there. After about ten minutes, they brought him up on a stretcher. They got him onto the bed and walked out. 

I dragged the chair right next to him and sat down. At least he'll be okay. I don't know how long I sat there before I fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------

I was woken up from my sleep by a groaning noise. Switch it off! Midnight whined like a baby. But I actually agreed with her. Wait a minute. Why is there a groaning person in my room? The only person in here besides me is....

I opened my eyes, yawning and looked over at the bed. Zack was holding his side and sitting up. My body acted before I could even think about it. I lunged at him, throwing my arms around his neck and hugged him like there was no tomorrow.

"Woah, looks like someone is happy to see me." He said laughing and wrapped an arm around my back so I wouldn't slip off his lap.

I lifted my head off his shoulder and looked into his eyes. "What is wrong with you?! Why were fighting hunters without asking for help?! Why were you even in the woods?!" I asked and he chuckled.

"I can take care of myself, sweetheart." He said, examining my face. I knew the position we were in but I didn't really care.

"You're such an idiot, you know that?" I said, grinning but I stopped when I saw his eyes. His eyes were shining and he started to lean in. But I didn't pull away.

His lips touched mine and fireworks exploded. His lips moved in sync with mine and I felt my body heat up.

His hands tightened around my waist and I slipped my hand into his hair. He bit my lip asking for entrance and I didn't say no.

He pulled away but our foreheads were still touching. He smirked at me and I blushed. "I thought I was an Alpha Asshole?" He asked and I smiled back.

"Yeah but you're My Alpha Asshole." He threw his head back and burst out laughing but I couldn't help smile.

He looked back down at me and I could see the happiness in his eyes. "Does this mean you have accepted me?" I nodded and he crashed his lips on mine and let's just say we were like that for a long time.

----------------------------------------------

I walked out of the room and into the kitchen and saw Sam and Hannah sitting there. "Hey." I said and they looked at me like I had scared them.

"Sheesh, don't freak us out." They said and I smiled. "How's Zack?" Hannah asked. "He's fine. We made out for a while so I think he'll be happy for a couple of hours." I walked over to the fruit bowl and their necks turned so fast, I could almost hear the pop sound.

"You what?" Sam nearly screamed while I took a bite of an apple. "Wait a freaking minute!" Hannah got up, walked over to me and held my shoulders and shook me.

"You accepted Zack?" I nodded as best I could while being shook by her. I'm glad I didn't open my mouth, I might have bitten off my tongue.

"Thank God. I was becoming sick of Zack always so grumpy. If you asked him a question, all he did was grunt." She said, rolling her eyes and I smiled.

Just then, Stephen walked in and looked at me. "Ashley, The Alpha wants you to meet him in his office." I nodded and he walked off.

I told the girls I'd see them later and walked out of the room and turned around a corner when I bumped into to someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry." I said and the girl just stared at me. I waved my hand in front of her face and she snapped out of it.

"I'm so sorry,Luna." She said, blushing. "It's just Ashley, not Luna." I said and she smiled. "My name is Scarlett Stevens, Lu-Ashley." She said and I smiled.

"Well, It was nice meeting you, Scarlett but I need to go." She nodded. She seems nice. I walked past her and down the corridor to Zack's office.

I knocked before entering and saw Zack sitting at his desk with a worried expression on his face. "Hey, you okay?" I asked as I walked over to him.

He looked up at me. "We need to talk." He said. He got up and walked over to the door and locked it before turning back towards me.

"Carter is personally visiting every pack in the state to check if you're there." I finally understood why he was so worried. 

"And he is coming here next week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, Scarlett.

I hope you guys like this chapter. The entire of backstory will be there next chapter.

Till then.............

Peace out, Mofos

A$H