Time Flies...

I walked into the FYE Store to pick up a package for Jhoni. (It's pronounced Johnny) As I waited at the counter, a man carrying a 4-year-old girl walked in. The small child whined out in frustration. I turned to be nosey for a few seconds, but I was shocked to see that the man was Craig! He was with his daughter, Melony. He noticed me and walked up to me.

"Well, hello there, stranger!" He said, smiling.

I smiled back, "Hello! Haven't seen you in a while!"

Craig chuckled, "It's been too long."

I looked at Melony, who was struggling in her father's arms.

I giggled, "Hey, Melony!"

She paused and looked at me, "Hi!"

Her small voice made me smile.

"So!" I finally said, "How's the girlfriend?"

Craig nodded, "Theresa's doing fine! It's crazy still trying to figure out the custody thing, but she's fine."

"Cool!" I grinned.

Melony whined out, "Daddy, I wanna get down!!"

He looked at her, "I don't want you running off anywhere, Pumpkin!"

I pouted, "Poor baby! Energetic like her Mommy..."

Melony crossed her arms and glared at Craig, "You're no fun, Daddy.."

I started to laugh as he glared back at her. Shortly, a lady walked up to the counter, holding a bag.

She handed it to me, "Here you go ma'am!"

I took the bag from her, "Thanks!"

Craig looked at me, "So, did you hear from you know who?"

"Huh?" I said, confused.

He shook his head, "Chresanto!! Have you heard from him any? Cause I haven't."

Chresanto...

My ex-boyfriend of seven years. His name buzzed in my head over and over again. I haven't see or heard from him in two, almost three years. The last time I saw him, we got into a huge argument and I stormed out.

That night I never forgot...

I was stuck in a horrible daydream until Craig snapped his fingers in my face.

"Yooo, Earth to Toni-Ann!" He called out.

I shook my head and looked at him, "Huh?! What?"

Craig looked at me strangely, "You alright? You zoned out on me..."

"Yeah!" I nodded, "I just started thinking about something."

"Ohh, I see, " He nodded.

I nodded back, "Welp! I should get back home before Jhoni and Raquan gets curious."

"Alright! See you later!" Craig grinned.

"Bye!" I gently pinched Melony's cheek, "Bye, sweetheart!"

Melony giggled and shrugged her shoulder over her cheek. I smiled and walked out the store.

~~~

Once I got back home, I was greeted by the loud noise of the TV. Jhoni was sitting on the couch while Raquan was in the kitchen.

Jhoni, Raquan and I are really close friends. We didn't want to live alone because of bad break-ups. So we all live in one huge house.

It sounds strange, but things work out pretty well!

I walked over to Jhoni and handed her the package, "Here's the thingy you wanted."

"Thank you!" She said, taking the bag from my hand.

I walked into the kitchen and saw Raquan sitting on the counter, drawing.

I leaned on the doorway and stared at him, "Hey, 2Braidz!"

Raquan looked up at me and chuckled, "Hey, 2Short..."

I rolled my eyes and walked to him, "I'm not that short!"

"Yes, you are!" He protested as he jumped down from the counter.

"Whatever!" I called out.

Raquan stared at me and scratched the back of my neck, "Hey, um... Can I talk to you? Upstairs?"

I looked at him and nodded, "Sure, let's go!"

I grabbed his hand and led him upstairs to his room. I was hoping that everything was okay because Raquan tensed up as we reached his room. He closed and locked his door as I sat on the bed.

"Okay, I'm listening," I said, looking at him.

Raquan stood by his door, "Okay... So, me and Jhoni were talking and... There's something I've been hiding."

I looked at him strangely, "From me?"

He nodded slowly, "Yeah..."

Raising an eyebrow, I stayed silent so he could continue on.

"Well... To be honest, I had this MAJOR crush on you ever since middle school. I was too shy to tell you. That and Chresanto really liked you. I didn't wanna get in the way of that and put you through drama. But anyway! I still like you, but I don't wanna ruin our friendship. I have no idea what I should do."

I sat there in shock.

I never really pictured Raquan crushing on me.

NEVER!

He leaned against the door and looked at the floor. (UGH that rhymed!) I stood up and walked over to him. He looked up and me and tensed up again. I stood him straight.

"Why didn't you just tell me? There's nothing you can't tell me," I said softly.

He shook his head, "I didn't think you'd feel the same way... I like our friendship the way it is."

I nodded, "Well.... I don't feel the same way. But I'm willing to do whatever to help you get over this..."

Raquan stared at me and grabbed my waist as lust slowly filled his eyes. I stared back, getting excited.

"One night stand?" Raquan asked.

I looked him up and down, "Just this once?"

He nodded, "It'll really help me. Just tonight and we can forget it ever happened."

I looked over my shoulder and out his window. The afternoon sky was still alit.

"Text me at 7:30 tonight," I said, looking at him, "I'll come to your room then..."

"What about Jhoni?"

"She's spending the night with her sister tonight. We'll be fine."

Raquan nodded and let go of my waist, "Alright..."

I bit my lip as I stared at him. He smirked. I unlocked his door and walked out the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slow and short, I know... Just wait for the next... ;)