one

Louis' POV

I've been waiting for the first day of college all of my life and the day is finally here.

"Niall wake up! We are off to college today" I yell out in plain annoyance, receiving only a deadly glance and a groan from my best friend. "Seriously Niall, today is the day we move out and dorm! Aren't you excited?"

It angered me that nothing I said was enough to force him out of bed, I run to my bathroom and fill up a nice bucket of water to throw over his head but I when I enter the room he's already up.

"Mate, I can't believe we start today." He says just as excited as I had been a few minutes ago and I roll my eyes, pouring the water into the tub before I start getting ready.

"You boys all packed?" My mom says as we sit at the table, ready to have our last breakfast at home for what may be a long time. I mean a few months to be exact, but that's a long time when you're used to home cooked meals.

"Yes we're all packed! I can't wait." I answer with a proud smile. School has always been important to me, so for anyone to understand how happy I am to get to college would be impossible.

"I'm just happy we have apartment suits, not just tiny dorms, ya know?" Niall adds on and I nod.

"I just wonder how our other roommates are gonna be like." I add on.

"Who cares, Louis? We don't even ever have to see them, we all have our own room and bathroom, we only have to share the bathroom and kitchen. It's perfect"

"Yeah, I guess you're right." I mumble while skimming through our list of roommates. Hm, Zayn Malik, and Harry Styles. Seems like nice boys.

I shake myself from the anxious thoughts as I hug my mom bye once we're finally all set to go.

"Love you, mom. I'll call as soon as we get there. Promise."

The drive was long, the school was far but I think it was my nervousness and excitement that made me impatient.

Once we're finally in the parking lot, Niall and I give each other looks that speak volumes. Since I met Niall in the second grade, we've been best friends, we promised that this day would come for the both of us, and here we are together.

We're the first of the roommates to show up and we're grateful. We pick the bedrooms right next to each other and immediately start to make the place a little more homely.

About an hour later someone else walks into the apartment. Wow, he's handsome. His olive skin tone and beautiful eyes makes me instantly jealous.

"Hey guys.." He trailed off, almost surprised that he wasn't first.

"Hi, I'm Louis and this Niall." We both smile.

"Nice. I'm Zayn." He smiles warmly, looking around the apartment.

"You've started decorating I see." He laughs.

I like Zayn, there's an asshole edge about him, but he seems very nice, so I don't mind too much.

We all cook food and talk about our lives back home and at this moment I'm so happy that I get to live with these people for a while.

"It's 5pm and our last roommate still isn't here yet." Niall laughs while sipping more of his beer.

Like clockwork we see the door open and two men walk inside with luggage and ask which room was the free room, we all point to our left and they walk inside bringing the luggage. We give each other questioning looks until we see a much younger man walk into the room, he was around our age no doubt, so I assumed he was the roommate. Before I could even introduce myself to this handsome man with wavy hair and gorgeous eyes he walks straight into his room, ignoring all of us.

"Rude." I mumble to the guys as they nod their head agreeing with me.

"What a fucking asshole he is." Zayn laughs.

About two hours later two men walk out leaving his room completely furnished and make their way to the front door without a word. By this time we're all drunk from the beers we've managed to force down while getting to know each other. Something in me felt our other roommate was just shy.

"Guys, I'm gonna knock on his door and see if he wants to hangout with us." I whisper and they give me weird looks as if it's a bad idea, but they nod anyway.

I bring myself to stand on wobbly legs, ignoring the fact the all I wanted to do was sit back down. I knock his door and wait.

Within seconds it swings open with force as he stares at me, clueless.

"Yeah?" He says in a pretty harsh tone; his voice is deep and raspy and it's kind of scary but I ignore it.

"Um, hi. I'm Louis. I wanted to know if you maybe wanted to sit with us and hangout for a bit. We've cooked dinner and we're just getting to know each other and we have liquor to make it less awkward." I laugh towards the end to make a little less awkward but he doesn't. He just stares.

"No." He states bluntly.

"No? Um- okay. I mean, we all just- why are you being an asshole?" I snap. I was the nicest person to everyone but one thing I wasn't nice about was an attitude, I can be mean just as well.

He raised his eyebrows and let out a loud sigh.

"Did you just call me an asshole within the first 2 minutes of meeting me?" He asked in a monotone voice.

He's right, I seemed like an asshole already. I mean, he didn't have to hangout with us and it was wrong for me to call him asshole just because he didn't want to. Just when I was about to apologize I look back at Harry to see his eyes trailing up and down my body. I awkwardly shift in a way that signals I'm aware of his staring. He didn't seem to care as he slowly and sexily brought his eyes back to mine.

"Sorry. F-for calling you an asshole, I though you were just being mean- and I-"

"It's okay." He cut me off before closing the door in my face.

I walk back into the living room and drop onto the couch.

"So...?" Zayn asks with an amused expression, more than likely hearing the commotion that went on moments ago.

"Let's just say he's more of a loner kind of guy." I exhale deeply before leaning back into the couch.

"It's going to be an interesting year."