The broken wedding

Khushi's point of view:

I screamed and screamed for help and yet no one came. I called for them and pleaded my innocence in this whole affair yet no one answered. Finally losing hope i let myself fall to the floor and hugged my knees to find some comfort.

" This could not be happening. I need to get back home before it's too late. i'm here with shop's papers and if the groom's family asked for them what would babu ji say."

Gathering my wits i stood up and thumped loudly on the door all the while my eyes searched for something that could help me escape. Just as my fist landed on the door it flew open, without wasting a moment i ran outside like a caged bird given freedom for the first time. 

But the moment was ruined and fear filled me as someone grabbed my arm and forced me to stop. Surprise i looked up to find the man in whose arms i accidentally fallen earlier. He looked angry. Very angry like I did something wrong that cost him a lot.

Once again gathering my wits I looked him in the eyes only to flinch from the amount of hatred and disgust I saw in them.

He advanced on me and i moved backwards to maintain the distance between us. Soon my back met a pillar and i had no where to escape.

"I have been trying to tell everyone that I'm innocent. I don't know how i came here so please i beg  you, please let me go. I need to get to my home" i pleaded with him.

But he was having none of it. " Answer the question and then you are free to go."

"What answer? Please why don't you understand..."

" it's you who doesn't understand. Do you even know what you did. How much were you paid to ruin my show?" He asked me, anger evident in his voice.

"I'm telling you it was a mistake. I ...." I tried to explain.

"You should have made the mistake according to your status."

I looked at him dumbfounded. "What are you saying? Please today my jiji is getting married and I've the dowry papers...."

"And you're here to make money for dowry." he said seething.

"I don't want to talk to you so please leave my way." I tried to move away from him but he stopped me.

" Answer me the right way or I know other methods to make you answer."

"I told you it was a mistake."

"So you won't tell."

"There is nothing to tell."

"Who sent you? How much were you paid?"

"No. No .NO" I denied with my hands above my ears.

The silence lasted for only a minute until I begged him again. "Please let me go other wise my jiji's wedding will get broken."

"So let it. What is it to girls like you? If you lose one you go for another." I looked at him trying to find a reason for his behavior .

"If someone said like that about your sister, how would you feel?" I asked with tears in my eyes. "There is a limit to insolence." I said as I passed him trying to get away.

He grabbed my arm and brought me flush against his body." I'll show you the limit of my insolence." he said as he ripped the dori on my back. I panicked and looked at him hearing the beads falling on the floor. He threw me towards the pillar and my back was exposed to him.

Desperately trying to think of something to cover my self i undid my braid and threw my long hair to cover the exposed flesh.

 Looking back at him with my tearful eyes I ran as fast as I could to my home trying to forget what just happened now.

Reaching home I found our neighbors standing outside our house and the groom's family was no where in sight. It was obvious about what happen.

They went back. My jiji's wedding was happening no more and it was all my fault.