"What should we do?" Yowlstripe whispered while Treepaw and Swiftpaw exchanged excited glances.
Who is my apprentice? You know, the one I order around?" Yowlstripe asked curiously. Raincloud thought for a second. I promised to mentor Swiftpaw, but Treepaw is a promising young cat. Swiftpaw is more excited, while Treepaw is calmer, Swiftpaw would be ideal for Yowlstripe...
"Swiftpaw." He murmured. Yowlstripe stared a bit surprised. 
"Swiftpaw?" He asked. "Yes. That's what I said, wasn't it?" Raincloud meowed a bit harsher than intended.

"Can you show me your hunters crouch?" Yowlstripe asked both apprentices. "I bet mines the best!" Swiftpaw yowled, bringing him into his thoughts.
Why did Storm look so familiar, it's not like I know her or anything.

"Raincloud! Is this right?" Treepaw asked curiously. He nodded, "Almost, stop twitching your tail," He meowed. 
Treepaw shifted his paws and rested his tail onto the ground. "Hold your tail straight, you don't want to drag it behind you." Yowlstripe warned. "Very well." Raincloud commented on his apprentice.

"What about me?" Swiftpaw asked eagerly. "Shift all your weight onto your haunches," He directed while laying his tail across her shoulders. Swiftpaw shifted her weight and glanced up at Yowlstripe.
"Is this right?" 

"Yes, now, let's show you where your aloud to hunt." Yowlstripe meowed, trying to read Raincloud's expression.  I suppose, it couldn't hurt, but we barely know the territory, he thought. "Of course, catch up with Stormfall and Duckpaw, I don't want you alone with untrained apprentices in unfamiliar territory," He hesitated.

"Alone? Aren't you coming with?" Yowlstripe questioned. 
He shook his head.

"I need to talk with Rainwind, and check on the camp." He meowed gazing off at a faraway land of mountains. Highstones

"Okay. Travel safely." Yowlstripe meowed encouragingly.

He nodded, shaking his thoughts. He padded off towards the makeshift camp with his fur rising. What's that smell? He thought while padding a bit faster. I recognize it, it's, so familiar. I'll look over it later.

"Where is everyone?" he asked as he spotted Cloudsound eating a thrush. "Birchbark and Flywing are hunting, Stormfall said she was going around the territory with Duckpaw, and I'm eating a thrush." The white tom answered, digging into the thrush. "Oh, Rainwind went to collect some herbs. I think he said mint stuff. I don't remember." Cloudsound murmured while chewing. 

He sighed, "Where's the fresh kill pile?" He glanced around the small area. "Oh yeah! I thought you might want to bury the prey so it doesn't go bad. It's right by that fern patch." Cloudsound spoke, pulling off a feather. 
"Good thinking." He nodded and started to trot away and stopped. He glanced back at Cloudsound. "Could you tell Flywing when she get's back to find me?" He meowed, I miss my sister, my only littermate. I feel we haven't been as close, he thought while Cloudsound replied simply, "Sure."

He slowly dipped his head deep in thought, trotting forward. I wonder what Finchstar is doing right now? Making Lionfang do apprentice chores? He snorted, Or is he making  Smallclaw do it?
I still miss my clan. Do I? He shook his pelt, scenting the air. What is that smell?! He stopped, sitting down to think. Why is it so familiar? And it reeks! Is it even an animal? He sat up, licking his gray forepaw.

"I'll just investigate myself." He murmured to himself, padding on. A loud noise started to fill his ears. Thunderpath! Who knew they were so far away from twolegplace!
Cautiously, he padded towards the stench.