Chapter 1: Trouble from the Everfree

The Doctor trotted back and forth. No matter what he tried, there was no way the TARDIS could be fixed... at this moment, at least.
Even if managed to fix it, there would be no way to get out of this dimension. He assumed it would be easier to settle down in Equestria, after all, it can't be that different from his original dimension. As for Derpy, the ditsy pony needed some company. The other ponies didn't seem to consider her "normal". So, there. They already had two things in common.

The Doctor trotted back and forth, looking for tools that could possibly work. He always knew what to do, but why is it so challenging all of a sudden? It's like he was in a kid's show, were the easiest tasks are always the hardest!

"Wait a minute-"
The Doctor's thoughts were interrupted by the sudden creaking of the TARDIS door. Standing in the frame was Derpy, and in her bag were more screws and bolts. But, no real equipment.
The Doctor sighed, and accepted the useless objects anyways. Maybe they would come in handy sooner-or-later.
Derpy's face lit up suddenly, as she was handing him her bag.

"Doctor, I just remembered! I was supposed to tell you something..." Derpy itched her head in frustration. "Oh! Applejack said there was some weird stuff going on in the Everfree. Like, weirder than usual."

"Oh? What is happening, exactly?" He questioned.

Derpy grabbed the Doctor by his hoof, and dragged him outside. The mare pointed in the direction of the Everfree Forest, were a giant, grey cloud was looming overhead.

"Oh my... That can't be good." The Doctor said, trotting back inside. "Is it spreading, by any chance? I understand that the Everfree acts on it's own, but from what I've heard, it never creates clouds such as that."

Deeply nodded. "Applejack said it was already covering most of the south fields... If it gets closer, it could cover the whole farm, and then there'll be no cider or-"

"Yes, the cider is important, I suppose;" the Doctor interrupted. "But if we don't do anything, Sweet Apple Acres won't be the only place in danger. It could be all of Equestria."

"Yea, but we don't even know what the cloud does yet, and the TARDIS is broken..."

"We can still use what we have! Now, let's be off, Mrs. Doo!" The Doctor said, as the two ran out the TARDIS doors and towards the Everfree.