Don't be sorry about it; I wouldn't have met you, and that-- I care about you, and wouldn't have it any other way," she said shyly.

Pietro gave her a small smile. "If it helps you feel any better, I'm glad that I ran into you on the street."

"Ran into me? You crashed into a brick wall, and if it weren't for the circumstance, I would have laughed. But I'm glad it was me too."

Then Nadia realized her face was very close to Pietro's. She leaned in but what would have been was interrupted.

"Alright love birds, enough chat. Dr. Cho wants to see you in her lab, Pietro."

The two stared at the man leaning against the wall by the door. They were both so engaged in their conversation that they didn't even notice him. Or maybe it was a testament to his stealth.

Either way, Pietro got up while glaring at Clint.

"What did he say?" Nadia asked.

"I need to go see the doctor, I'll be back as soon as I can," He told her, he had no intention of leaving what they had just about started unfinished.

Pietro exited the room, and began to follow Clint to the doctor's lab.

"You know, you're very different from the last time you were with us." Clint stated.

"I am different? How am I different?" Pietro asked him, annoyed.

"Well, to start, you're much less arrogant. I don't know if it was the time with Hydra or what, but I like this you better."

Pietro rolled his eyes, but supposed that it didn't really matter if he changed in that regard. He didn't remember the time before well anyways.

As the two walked to the lab, they passed Roman, who gave them a small nod in acknowledgement.

"Is he allowed to walk about freely?" Pietro questioned.

"It's not like you guys are prisoners here. You've proven to be trustworthy to a point. Of course, you guys won't be allowed in certain areas, but you're free to move about without an escort."

"Then why are you taking me to the lab?"

"Do you know your way around here? No. Besides, everyone else is in the lab too. Dr. Cho thinks she's onto something."

Clint's statement sent Pietro's mind spinning. If Wanda could be helped, then maybe he could too. He was going to tell them all about the voice right away, just like Nadia told him to.

-

Inside the lab, there was people who were faintly familiar to Pietro, then there were some that did not spark any recognition.

"Thank you for all coming. I found a strain in the toxin within Wanda that relates to a group of scientists in Romania."

"Romania?" Natasha asked.

Dr. Cho nodded. "Yes, there was a group of scientists there that held a project called 'Suppression'. It emerged in 2014, but was shut down by SHIELD before they could complete the project."

"What was the aim of the project?" Steve asked.

"After aliens had invaded New York City, they thought that people with superpowers in their genes held too much power, so they sought to destroy that power."

"So it was aimed to people like me and Bruce, or Pietro and Wanda?" Steve wondered.

"Correct, but I found it odd that the strain somehow made it into the toxin Wanda has in her currently. If SHIELD had shut down the project, how does Sokovia have the same strain?"

Nobody in the room had any answers, it all came up blank.

"Maybe I should contact Stark, he may be able to figure it out," Steve suggested.

"This is more Banner's area of expertise, but he isn't around," Clint stated.

"I'm not finished with my research, but I thought that I should notify you all about it. I may find something else later on," Dr. Cho explained.

Everyone nodded to her and the meeting was about to be dismissed, but Pietro figured it would be a good time to tell them about the voice.

"Wait!" He said loudly.

Everyone stopped and looked at him with full attention.

"When we were getting Wanda out of the Sokovian facility, Wanda had said the word powerless. Normally I wouldn't think much of it because of her state. But it is not a good thing, in the past month I have been heard a voice in my head say the same thing. It is not a coincidence," he explained.

"A voice? What kind of voice are you talking about?" A man spoke up. Pietro didn't recognize him.

"Wait, Sam. I think I know what he is talking about," Dr. Cho interrupted.

"Do you all remember when that agent supposedly came back from the dead? He mentioned hearing voices in his head to me at one point," she explained.

"Agent Adams? The one who's currently in a psych ward for trying to kill another agent?" Clint asked.

"Yes, that one. I don't know if he mentioned the word powerless, but it's worth investigating." She answered.

Pietro was surprised. He and Wanda weren't the only people hearing voices? In a way, the thought was comforting. Maybe they weren't being targeted and it was some sort of weird Sokovian poison. But that lead to another thought- when did Sokovia ever get a hold of him?

-

AN: Hope you guys enjoyed the chapter! Next chapter may be an answer to the many questions that have come up ; )

If you enjoyed, please comment or vote, it really keeps me going (◍•ᴗ•◍)♡