Finale - She's One Of The Boys

Start from the beginning

‘Don't push his buttons Eva,’ Harper warned and I scoffed loudly.

‘Saxon lives for me to push his buttons,’ came my smart arse reply.

‘And pigs fly Eva,’ Chris muttered, secretly loving the fact I can get under Saxon’s skin so much easier now that our minds are linked.

‘Yeah, well I’ve got to take advantage of it because once we find Lefty – its back to separate minds again,’ I spoke quietly, not that it made a difference because Saxon still heard me and this is one of our favourite arguments to have.

‘We’re not separating,’ he growled with warning and I simply smirked – that’s what he thinks.

‘Who the heck is Lefty?’ Brody asked in confusion, making me laugh quietly.

‘Houdini?’ I jogged his memory and Vance scoffed loudly from behind me.

I turned to glare back at him, ‘Got a problem back there Mr Hulk?’

His eyes narrowed back at the nickname he doesn’t like, mostly because I told him it meant I thought he was fat and not muscled, ‘Yeah, stop giving a soon to be dead wolf nicknames.’

As I was about to reply, my paw hit something hard and I tripped, crying out in shock as I fell to the ground, pulling my paw free from whatever it had hit seconds ago as I rolled along the ground due to the fast speed I had been running at.

Instantly I felt teeth around the back of my neck as I was yanked up from the ground and I knew it was Saxon, so I didn’t panic because he apparently can never let me just simply fall down and get back up – no, he has to bite onto me and pull me to my feet.

Growling with annoyance as I pulled away from him, taking a few steps back as he stood now facing all of us, not looking very impressed, ‘Brody – stop glaring at me before I rip your head clean off. Vance – stop complaining about the mind link and Eva, where do I even start?’ he growled, ‘Stop annoying everyone and pay attention to where you are going; I have seriously never met a wolf as clumsy as you.’

My jaw opened a little as I stared at him, ‘I'm so not annoying!’

‘Don't tell us what to do!’ Brody snapped instantly, ‘You’re not my Alpha!’

‘Yeah, you’re not our Alpha,’ I teased, agreeing with Brody.

Saxon didn’t take his eyes off of Brody as he growled at me, ‘I wouldn’t want to be Alpha of him, but you babe, you have no choice,’ he smirked, looking over at me now.

Raising my head a little, to meet him square in the eyes, ‘Want to repeat that?’ I demanded with attitude, growling a little as he stared back, not looking away as we entered one of those stupid ‘Alpha pride staring matches’.

Technically he is our Alpha right now – I know, I know, I always said I would never leave my pack, but Saxon wanted us all mind linked to keep in contact and all that rubbish, besides – Harper, Chris and Brody joined too and it’s only until we get back home again, once good old Lefty has been eliminated.

Brody caught up with us about a week ago, his leg hadn't taken him very long to heal once the bone had been set back into place - and then he was gone, chasing us down because despite what he had said before I left; he didn't trust Saxon to keep me one hundred percent safe. Silly boy my brother is at times.

I also found out if I just imagined this was one big giant game, then I don't feel so guilty and horrible about hunting a guy down purposely to take his life away – hence the nicknames. Brody was adamant he wasn’t joining the Redford pack and to be honest – I reckon Saxon was hoping he wouldn’t, just so he could be left behind, but Brody caved grudgingly because Harper and Chris had agreed, so I did too – which annoyed Saxon that I only agreed because of them, well, mostly because of Chris.