Chapter 20 - She's One Of The Boys

Enjoy! Xo :D

~ ~ Chapter Twenty ~ ~

(Eva's POV)

The rain was pouring down heavy and fast and if it wasn’t for my keen eyesight, I wouldn’t have a clue where I was going. My black hair was matted and glued to my face and I could feel the water pouring down it as I blinked the thick raindrops away but it didn’t slow me down as I ran. I needed to put as much distance between myself and him.

“Eva!” a male’s voice called out from behind me but it didn’t sound angry, just worried, glancing over my shoulder I came to a sudden stop and tripped over a tree trunk, falling straight for the ground and landing hands first in the mud with my knees.

“Urgh,” I groaned; standing back up and wiping my hands on my dress, it was already ruined anyway, “What do you want?” I asked; turning around to look at a surprisingly worried Chris.

He rubbed the back of his neck as he looked away, “To see if you were okay.”

Raising an eyebrow, “Uh-huh, aren’t you supposed to be Saxons best friend or something?” I pointed out as he looked back over at me and I was glad my tears had blended in with the rain, so no one would be able to tell I had just cried – again. Damn jerk making me cry.

We’re friends, aren’t we?” and he pointed between the two of us quickly, “I just wanted to check if you were alright, that’s all. I don’t care what Saxon says about it either. Never have,” He smirked slightly.

“Oooh CC’s going against his Alpha,” I teased instantly but then the smile faded from my face as I remembered why I had ran from the stupid dance in the first place.

“Eva?” he spoke slowly as I drifted off into my own world, “What did he do?”

Snapping my head up to look at him I opened my mouth but nothing came out, only tears ran down my cheeks but he couldn’t tell because of the rain, “H-he’s....my mate,” I whispered, my words drowned out by the rain for a human to hear but Chris was standing close enough to catch them.

His eyes widened slightly, “He told you?”

I shook my head, “I figured it out – wait, you knew too?” I demanded and he looked away guiltily.

“I told him to tell you but he’s a stubborn fool. It wasn’t my place to say anything, sorry.”

Frowning at him, I wanted to be so angry and mad at him and punch him until he screamed blue murder but I couldn’t, I wasn’t really angry with him, I was angry with Saxon and myself for being so stupid and not noticing until now what was going on between us.

“I forgive you,” I mumbled, then we both whipped our heads in the direction we had just come from, the sounds of paws running fast against the mud was clearly heard, even with the downpour, turning to look back over at Chris, “You should probably go before the armed forces arrive.”

He smirked, “Its fine, their problem is with Saxon not me.”

Rolling my eyes, I shrugged, “Whatever, it’s your death wish.”

Chris suddenly leaned in close; I jumped a bit as my heart started racing, dammit! I forget about his stupid pocket knife, “I won’t tell them you cried either,” He winked and my cheeks heated up instantly as I cringed from embarrassment.

Shoving him playfully, “Shut up,” And he just grinned, the rain dripping off his jaw.

Not even a minute later, five huge wolves come to a running stop in front of us, mud spraying up everywhere as I held my hand up to cover my face from as much of it as I could, their deafening growls could be heard through the sound of the rain and when I lowered my hand, all eyes were trained on me – except one set.