Chapter 8

Melissa returned home, and they began to gossip.

"So.. How did it go?"

"Like I said, nothing happened. You walked in on us about to kiss, and he decided to leave right after you did."

"Yeah... About that..."

"What?"

Melissa got up from the couch so she didn't have to look Spencer in the eyes. She hated having to act like a parent towards her, but in this case, she had to.

"I need to set up some ground rules," Melissa explained. Spencer rolled her eyes. "Spence, I'm doing this for your own good! And I'm not saying Toby can't come over. He can, just... Keep it PG, okay?"

Melissa didn't know how to properly enforce rules. Her parents let her bring anyone home. She was just trying to look out for her little sister.

"And absolutely no one stays over. Especially Toby. There's not enough room, and I don't want you guys doing anything. You're only seventeen. I don't want to be an aunt yet," she said. Spencer let out an uncomfortable laugh. "He can't stay here overnight, and you can't sleep over at his place." Melissa added. Spencer nodded in agreement.

It seemed fair enough to Spencer. At least she still got to see him.

---

A few hours later, Melissa got some devastating news. How was she going to tell Spencer? She would be crushed. She was pretty sure that Spencer would go back to being suicidal if she found out. But she deserves to know. If it was the other way around, she would want Spencer to tell her.

She hated seeing Spencer heartbroken. Spencer was so happy lately, and now it's going to go back to the way it was before.

Damn, this would break her heart.