R.S 16

Jake's POV

Later that night we made our way to the family house. I'd been surprised that Martha had told Chris about the dinner, but I hadn't thought much of it. Martha had a relationship with Chris, even though it wasn't quite like I or Gabe did. She loved teasing him about his weight. She hadn't liked him the first time she met him owing to the kind of company I kept. But once she learned he was my tutor and saw how shy he was, she liked him immediately. My friends were too forward, so Chris was unique.

She'd enquired about him weeks after she'd met him. He was unusual and stood out. But then I was going out with his sister and was just getting to know him, so I told her he was just my tutor, and the kind of person I didn't want to be associated with. She'd seemed disappointed. She'd been hoping he was my friend; at least he'd be a positive influence.

When we officially started dating Martha didn't at first seem happy about my sexual orientation, especially because that meant no grandchildren, unless we adopted. She said she was happy it was with Chris though. It took a short while for her to accept that I was into guys, and once she did, she liked Chris even more. But of course she didn't want him to see that she liked him very much.

When we got to the family house we were a bit late. Shannon had taken her time bathing and getting dressed. You would swear she was going to meet a guy, and the only guy at the house was my dad.

I suggested going up the stairs to the main door by myself using the crutches, but Chris would not let me. He insisted on taking me up there himself. Chris was toned, but he wasn't exactly strong. I actually held on for dear life when he turned the wheelchair against the stairs and continued to mount them using the back wheels one by one. We made it to the top and I was impressed.

Chris knocked and we waited. The door opened shortly. Martha was excited to see us.

"Thank you for inviting us", I said as we were ushered in.

Martha released a quiet laugh. "I didn't invite you".

I turned my head to look at Chris who was behind me. "Don't tell me we invited ourselves", I said.

"You didn't, I did", I heard a familiar voice. It was a voice I was used to hearing every other day on the phone. It couldn't be...

"Hi bro", the person said. Gabe walked into my line of view. He looked almost like me, except that he had the lighter shades of everything.

I looked tanned, he looked a bit pale. I had pink lips and his were a very light shade of pink. I had darker facial hair and his was lighter. Our natural hair color was dirty blonde, and mine had been darker than his. Of course we weren't identical, but you could tell were siblings. It was amazing considering the circumstances, but we looked like relatives from our mother's side of the family. They obviously had really strong genes.

I felt like standing up, but I knew I couldn't just do it. I looked at Chris.

"You were in on this?" I asked.

"I was following orders. Your brother is very scary", Chris said.

"Yeah, as scary as a bunny!" I said.

"Bunnies have teeth. They bite", he said.

"I see you still like bickering", Gabe said looking from me to Chris.

He shut me up. I had no idea what to say. Chris had an annoying love for either correcting me or making sure he won an argument. He usually did, mostly because I forgot what we were arguing about, and his passion turned me on.

"It's nice to see you bro!" Gabe said excitedly.

I smiled widely. I couldn't believe he was there in the flesh. He hadn't told me anything, the little devil. I was genuinely excited that he was back. Though I didn't like telling him, I missed him.