R.S 9

Chris's POV

When I went home that day after work I dreaded it. I wanted to confront Jake, but at the same time I didn't want to fight with him. But he had crossed a line and he would continue doing it if I didn't do something about it. He had to learn that even though he was a part of my life, he couldn't do as he pleased.

I parked my car at the underground parking lot of our building. I made my way to the apartment slowly, deciding whether to confront Jake before or after dinner. I decided after dinner would be appropriate, because after the talk, which was going to turn into an argument, appetites would be ruined. In the meantime I had to pretend that everything was okay and that was going to be hard.

When I walked into the apartment, Jake and Shannon were laughing about something on the TV. They were both seated on the two-man couch facing the TV.

"Hey guys", I said.

"Hey", Shannon said.

"Hey baby!" Jake said excitedly, beckoning me over.

He puckered up his lips for a kiss and I obliged.

"How was your day?" he asked.

"The usual", I said briefly. "I'm going to take a shower", I said.

"I would join you but..." Jake said looking at his leg.

I smiled. It was going to be hard confronting him about what he'd done if he said things like that. The idea of sharing a shower with him was inviting, and I was glad his leg prevented it. He would seduce me out of my resolve and I desperately needed to have that conversation with him.

"It's a pity. I would have loved it", I said.

"TMI", Shannon said.

"What? There was barely any information", Jake protested.

"Yeah, but some of us have wild imaginations", she said.

I remembered something.

"Shannon were you at Pentech today?" I asked.

"Nope, I don't even know where that is", she said.

"Oh. I thought I saw someone that looked like you", I said. The jumpsuit she was wearing was the same color I had seen, but that was just that.

"Look at that, you have a doppelganger", Jake said to Shannon.

I chuckled as I left the two of them together. I took quite a long time in the shower. I didn't want to be faced with having to smile when I wanted to explode. And the last thing I wanted was to explode in front of Shannon. When I finished I wore a pair of jeans and a loose t-shirt. I found out I was just in time for dinner.

When I arrived at the table it had already been set.

"You took time in the shower", Jake commented. He was already seated at the table.

"Yeah, I was more tired than I thought", I said, taking a seat next to him.

"Aww, my poor baby. They work you too hard at Pentech", he said placing his hand on my face, pushing back a few stray hairs.

"Don't explode Chris! Don't explode", I thought.

"I would give you a massage –I learnt quite a few things at college –but I can barely stand on my own", he said. "Or later on I can give you one while sitting, just the shoulders though. Or I can give you one in bed. Don't tell Shannon".

I was about to speak when Shannon butted in on the conversation.

"Tell Shannon what?"

She was carrying a casserole dish, which she put on the table.