Part 46

Aaron Hotchner's POV

It's been now three hours that we're at the hospital. Emily is sat on a chair. She said that the pain begins to become more and more intolerable. She's crying because of the pain. JJ is at her left. She's massaging her belly with one hand and holds Emily's hand with the other. Me, I'm trying to get some help from a doctor.

A doctor calls us.

"Prentiss?"

She gets up with difficulty and with the help of JJ.

We arrive in a little hospital room. Emily lays on the little hospital bed. I see that she's still crying because of the pain.

"Okay, Emily. Where does it hurt?" The doctor asks.

"My stomach," she says, pursing her lips.

"On a scale from one to ten, how's the pain?"

"A fucking eight!" She screams.

I signal her to calm down. She takes a deep breath. The doctor takes the scan and checks Emily's stomach.

The doctor suddenly turns and looks to JJ and me. Then, he looks at Emily.

"Congratulations! You're two weeks pregnant. For a few women, it's normal to feel that pain during their first pregnancy. I'll give you pills, and in two weeks, the pain will be disappeared.

Emily looks at us and smiles despite the pain. I never saw her happy like that! I smile too and I hug her tight.

"I love you," I whisper in her ear.

"I love you too," she responds.

I turn, and I see JJ crying of joy.

"Congratulations!" She says, wiping her tears.