Chapter 3 - I don't need this

Drew's POV:

"Have a seat." Candice says sternly, as we walk into her shabby apartment room. Obviously, the record company wasn't paying her very well because all there is when you walk in is a faded, ripped up couch, a small worn coffee table, one of those big televisions that set on the floor, and some 70's style, puke green shag carpet, which was filled with stains. Additionally, the place reeked of dirty laundry.

"Something wrong?" she inquired as she noticed the disgusted look on my face.

"Um...nothing except that I don't want to be here. Can we just discuss what we need to dicuss so I can get out of here?" I snapped. I sort of felt bad after the words escaped, but I was extremely annoyed. I squirmed on the ripped couch cushion, trying to get comfortable.

"Oh, come on....we're all alone, after a long day, you must be tired." she smirks as she walks over and grips my shoulders, beginning to massage them. I wriggle under her grasp, getting more uncomfortable by the minute. When she starts to kiss down my neck, I cannot take it anymore. I jump up and look her in the eyes.

"There is no business to talk about, am I right?"

"Oh we definitely have some business to take care of." she winks as she walks over to me and plants a rough kiss on my lips. I pull away. 

"I don't want to do this." I state.

"This is the only time we have, babe."

"I don't mean not now, I mean not ever again." Her face reddens as I start to think about two weeks ago. The studio crew's after party. We were drunk, I was barely coherent, everything blurred after leaving the warehouse. I don't remember anything after that until waking up in my bed the next morning with Candice next to me. I cringed at the thought.

"You can't do that!!" she shouted in my face. "We are supposed to be together..."

"Except, we were never together. Look, I'm not interested in pursuing this. For one, its unprofessional. And the last thing I need is to get in trouble with the company. For two-" 

"No one is going to find out! Even if they do, I won't get fired because your manager is my dad!!" she screamed. She was getting me heated. I hate being intterupted and I definitely don't like being screamed at.

"That doesn't matter. How do you think he'd feel if he knew what you were doing?!" I asked as calmly as possible. "And as i was going to say, frankly you've been freaking me out. I don't like being forced into something. It's really uncomfortable. You have no respect. And honestly, if you continue this I will do whatever I can to get you fired." I sternly stated.

"Ha!" she screamed, yet again. "I'd love to see you try." I got very close to her face and said "Watch me." With that, I started for the door. As I opened it she shouted, "This isn't over!!" I rolled my eyes as I walked out, slamming the door shut.

-----

I climbed into bed after returning home, shut off the light and turned on my phone. I checked the time, 10:30. "Fuck." I said to myself as I unlocked my iPhone. It's been over two hours since I left the studio. I scrolled my apps, figuring out what to do before I fell asleep. I opened instagram, turned the flash on and snapped a quick photo of me in my bed, my hand over half my face. "Rough day at the studio. Looking forward to a good night's sleep." I wrote as the caption. I watched as many comments came through instantly.

"LET ME SLEEP WITH YOU DREW"

"Wishing you better days bb"

"Love you Drew!!" I smiled to myself as I scrolled through them. My fans are awesome. Just then, a 'like' caught my attention. "kristyisjustcurious liked your photo" could that be..? I clicked the username and clicked on the first photo. A chill shot through my body as I laid my eyes on it. The picture was of her and her friend on the beach, that same day. They were walking next to the shoreline, the shallow tide on the right side of them. Their arms were around each other, the friend sticking her tounge out as Kristy was in the middle of a laugh. She was just in her bikini top, so it must have been after we had our run in. But man, she was adorable. I thought silently to myself until I realized what I needed to do if I was gonna get any sleep tonight. I went through my contact list, found her name and let it ring a few times.