Chapter 1 - What a spill

Kristy's POV:

"Pull over, I'm starving!!" Haley shouted as we passed In N Out.

"No, I wanna get a good spot in the beach parking lot. You know how crowded it gets during Saturdays. Plus, we can eat at Ruby's on the pier." I replied as we drove down Beach Blvd. toward Pacific Coast Highway. The GPS cited that it was a beautiful 75 degrees outside, and I could smell the misty, beachy air as we approached. We paid the guy in the parking booth, found a spot and hopped out of the car. Haley wore a floral patterned bikini with a red, strapless summer dress, paired with white flip flops, as I wore a a black polka dotted two piece, along with dark denim blue shorts, a see through white tank top, along with some black vans. We then proceeded to walk towards the Huntington Beach pier. 

Unlocking my iPhone screen, I click on my music app and start playing Garden Grove by Sublime. I then put my phone in my back pocket as we walked passed the two mini stores near the middle of the pier. We soon approach Ruby's as Haley orders a hot dog, chilli cheese fries, and a pepsi. 

"You know I'm stealing those, right?" I say as I grab some fries off her lap. We sat on a bench and the end of the pier and stared out into the big blue. I looked around and saw some people fishing, three girls huddled in a corner gossiping about who knows what, and an older couple, their fingers intertwined, seeming to just enjoy each others company. Haley picks up her garbage and walks to the trash bin as i grab our pepsi and start walking back to the sand. I flip my head around, seeing as Haley is taking forever to catch up with me. That's when my body collided into something, and before I know whats happening I'm on my ass, soda seeping through my tank top and bikini bra. Embarassed and irritated, I look up to see a pair of blue eyes staring down at me. 

I studied his facial feautres for a second until it clicked in my mind who I just ran into. Before I knew it, I was getting pulled up by two strong hands.

"I am so sorry!!! Please let me get you a towel."

"It's fine, It was actually my fault. I have a towel in my bag." I said with a slight smile.

"I'm Drew Chadwick, by the way."

"Nice to meet you, I am Kristy Ortiz." I said, not letting on at all that I knew who he was.

"Well, I wouldn't say it was so nice considering you're soaked. I am so sorry, once again."

"No need. See you around?"

"Of course." he replied with a wink. "You have nice music tatse by the way."

As he walked away was when I realized my phone's music was still playing. Curious by Emblem3. I blushed and chuckled as I realized. Well, my cover was blown.

Haley ran up to me as she shouts, "Do you understand who that was?!?! Why didn't you tell him? Get a picture with him? Anything?"

"Well, telling someone you spend most of your days reblogging pictures of their face isn't exactly the way to give off a good first impression." I said as I rolled my eyes. 

"Well spilling soda on someone isn't either." she responded with a wink.

-----

Drew's POV:

"Yeah, I felt like such a jerk." I said as me and Wes tossed a football around, my feet wet from standing in the shoreline.

"Was she cute at least?" Wesley chuckled as he threw it back.

I ran towards the ball as I replied, "Yeah she was pretty fine." I said with a smile.

"Damn, and you didn't get a number? You could have hit that."

I laughed as I said "I'm not a dog like you, Wes. I'll probably never see her again anyway." The words barely escaped my mouth as my eyes wandered the beach, and as if by fate I looked over my  right shoulder to see two girls walking across the shoreline in the distance, one wearing a white dress and the other wearing shorts and a black bikini top. I was pretty sure I recognized her, and as my vision became clearer I saw that it was her.

"Speak of the devil." I remarked. Wes looked over towards the direction I was staring. 

"The one in the red dress? Shes hot."

"You can have her, I'm talking about the girl next to her."

"Well fate's giving you a chance dude, don't screw it up. Or dump soda on her again." I laughed and flipped him the finger as I headed in her direction. When I approached and she saw me, she held her towel up in the air for defense. I laughed as I walked over to face her directly. 

"Hey, Kristy right?"

"Who are you again?" She joked and I mockingly made a suprised face and turned to walk away, then turned right back around. She looked pleased. Her friend acted like she got a phone call and walked away, but she kept sneaking her around to look and if I'm not mistaken, I'm pretty sure she took a secret photo of me. I directed my attention back to Kristy.

"So. any girls you've assaulted and spilled soda on lately?" she joked.

"Nope, I'd have to say you're my only one." Her cheeks turned a different shade of pink when I said that. "But I forgot to give you this." I say as I hand her my phone.

"What's this?" she asked.

"I figured maybe you could run into me a little more often if you know what I mean." I winked. "No, but I'd really like to talk to you again sometime. Maybe give me a call?" She immidiately agreed as she handed me her phone. We exchanged numbers and I gave her a tight hug goodbye. I walked away with a goofy smile on my face, as did she. 

"Well?" Wes says as I approach him again. "What's that look for?"

"Nothing man, I got her number though."

"Niice. You better hit that."

"Shut up." I laughed as I grabbed the football and threw it at him.

-----

A/N: FILLER. The next chapter is alot more entertaining and it only gets better from there. This is the shortest chapter I'll ever make. Feedback is appreciated! :)