Chapter 2

Dre's POV

"Alright niggas, we need to take down those motherfuckas that trynna sell where we sell." Omar said to everyone. "Yeah, them motherfuckas are the reason why Marcus got locked up!" Henry yelled out interrupting Omar. You see, Henry was the only white nigga in the gang and as you about to see, everyone always reminded him that he wasn't a brother.

"Henry, shut yo rude ass black wannabe self the fuck up! Can't you see I was talking nigga! You ever interrupt me again imma put a cap in yo ass!" Omar yelled. "Anyways, staying on the topic of Marcus, the nigga just got out of prison. And may I present to you... Marcus!" Omar had the whole gang in shock but we all shook it off once we saw him... Marcus.

The world stopped around me and I only saw the most beautiful man in the world as he stepped out from behind the bar. Everyone gave him daps and hugs as he passed through the crowd, unfortunately not where I was at but I saw that he walked to the stage where Omar was and was young to speak.

"My niggas!" Marcus yelled at us. He got whistles and cheers from just two words. I was always in awe from how he made people listen to him even when he said something simple. "Now I'm out of county, and not only do I want to take them motherfuckas down that got me out in the joint! But I also wanna have a good time before we take care of business." That got more cheers and respect from people for him.

"So my nigga Omar is gonna close the strip club late today. And tomorrow, we will work out a plan." The whole place was silent when he paused. "Because without a plan, as you can see," he chuckled. "Like me, you might go to jail if you act without a plan. It took me two years in the pen to teach me that, and it's a lesson I had to learn.

The room was still quiet when he stopped talking. I remembered when he first went in the hole....

FLASHBACK:
I walked through the metal detector and heard a beeping from behind me. I quickly turned around to see my nigga that everyone calls, The Avatar. Don't ask me but I know his real name is Adam and he is the one that was sent to go with me and as Omar put it, "shoot up the place," and to "rescue our nigga without getting caught." I had to argue with Omar about how that wasn't possible to not get caught since there were cops everywhere and u would either die, or get arrested too.

Anyways, when I turned around I saw him tackled on the ground and try to get out of handcuffs. Dumb motherfucka just couldn't empty out all his pockets. I shook my head, turned around, and spotted him at the table. I walked over to the table and sat down. He looked surprised to see me, then recovered and turned hard again. "H..hey nigga." He tried to play it casual but I could see right through him. But I let him try to keep it up.

"So... You one of the top niggas in here I bet." I tried to make a joke, but it just made it more awkward. "Well you can't be top nigga in a day." He said trying to take it playfully. Marcus and I were great friends, and usually when he smiled I thought it was cute, but not this fake one. I secretly have had a crush on Marcus for the longest but you know... Not gay...

"Nigga I'm trying to get you out. I'm even talking with a lawyer behind Omar's back but.." I got serious cause I couldn't take the awkwardness anymore. "Well he said the
lowest time you could get, was 10 years." Marcus' face just completely dropped. All the barriers and keeping himself together just stopped. He actually started to cry.

I saw the tear and wanted to run over there next to him and hug him. But that would totally expose that I was gay. "C'mon man, it's alright as long as you get parole..."
"Don't you fucking understand goddammit I'm still not getting out for 10 years, 10 fucking years nigga!" He just falls apart right in front of my eyes and I could do nothing but stare...

REALITY:
Marcus got the 10 years, and when he went on in his speech, he told us that he got 8 year parole. Everyone visited him on their own time for a few months then stopped, but I kept visiting for a whole year till he told me to stop and move on with my life.

Marcus finished his speech and the party got started. He was walking towards me and kept having to stop and dap people, but I could be patient. I waited till he got to look me in the eyes, "Hey...." He said sheepishly. "Hey..." I said back. Then we just both hugged each other...