Chapter 3: A Chilling Encounter

Several months later...

Sonny Rider was playing on the PS3, playing Fifa 10 against his mate Danny Oldham. "Come on Danny! I'm destroying you." Sonny teased. Danny snorted, but he knew Sonny was right. Sonny was Chelsea, Danny was Arsenal, and Chelsea were leading 4-1. Sonny had been living in Croftbury, a residential care home for teenagers for almost 6 months. In that time, he had recovered in hospital, found out about the truth of the car crash, made new friends, and moved on with life. 

He had seen Rosie, had chilled out with her, and seen previous mates from school. He and Rosie had decided to be just friends because Sonny was now in a care home far from his old school. Sonny was sad to have ended things with Rosie, but they were still close friends and Sonny had seen Rosie about two weeks ago. The game was almost over, Chelsea were still leading 4-1, and Danny was getting frustrated. "Just a couple more minutes to go." Sonny muttered. Danny managed to grab another goal back for Arsenal, but then Sonny added a fifth goal for Chelsea and the game ended.

Sonny held out his hand to Danny. "Good game there eh?" Danny forced himself to smile. "At least I scored two goals." Sonny's mobile began to ring. He took out his phone. It was Rosie. "Hello Rosie." he said. "Hey Sonny, what are you up to today?" she asked. "Nothing much. Why?" Sonny asked.

 "Wanna meet up?" Rosie asked. "Yeah sure. Can I bring my mate Danny?" Sonny replied. "Sure. I'll bring Camilla. I'll meet you by the shops round the corner of the road from Croftbury in about an hour if that's okay?" Rosie asked. Sonny smiled. "Okay, sounds cool to me." And with that, he ended the call. Danny grinned. "We going to meet your ex?" Sonny nodded. "Yeah in about an hour by the shops. And she's bringing a mate." Danny laughed. "Sounds good to me!"                                                                                                                                                                        *

Sonny and Danny were walking down the street with Rosie Baker and Camilla Pearce. "So how are you both?" Sonny asked. "Good thanks. How's life in Croftbury?" Rosie asked. Danny gave Rosie a roguish smile. "It's as good as ever." Rosie laughed at Danny's response.

"How's school now?" Sonny questioned. Camilla snorted. "It's boring. How about Croftbury? Do you get taught there?" Sonny nodded. "Yeah we get taught at Croftbury. Private lessons, one to one tuition, a music complex with a recording studio. Croftbury is state of the art. It's a lot better than school ever was." Camilla moaned. "That's so cool!"

 Rosie paused. "But it must be expensive there? And surely you don't pay for all of this do you Sonny?"  Sonny smiled. "Very expensive. And no I don't pay for it, Officer Johnson and Hicks pay for everything. They've been so kind to me and I'm very grateful to them for all that they've done for me."

 Danny quietly put his arm round Camilla's waist and she smiled at him. Sonny and Rosie stood together almost awkwardly. "So what else do you wanna do?" Sonny asked. Rosie shrugged. "Camilla?" But Camilla was too busy snogging Danny. 

Sonny sighed. Here he was standing next to his ex girlfriend, desperately trying to ignore the feelings that he still had for her. But he couldn't do it. He loved her, and letting her go was painful. But yet, he'd had no choice. After the death of his parents and the trauma that came with it, Sonny had been forced to leave school and leave his home and move his life to Croftbury and start again. He'd broken up with Rosie because he didn't want her life to be put on hold because of him. But now that she was standing right in front of him, Sonny knew that he couldn't hide his feelings for her any more. 

Suddenly his thoughts were cut off when Rosie moved closer to him and whispered "I miss you Sonny." He allowed himself a slight smile. "I miss you too Rosie." The two teenagers leant in for a quick kiss. "Come back to our school. These last few months have been unbearable without you." Rosie begged.