Chapter 13

"You're supposed to be helping me pack, not going through my stuff!" Alyssa huffed, snatching her diary from Adian. "And you are never supposed to read a girl's diary!"

"Is there anything about me in there?"

"Ha! Everything in there is about you, which is why you can't read it. Don't want you to see my unfiltered thoughts."

"When have you ever filtered your thoughts or words? From what I can tell you always say exactly what's on your mind."

"Trust, it gets worse. You get the watered down version."

"Well now I really want to read it." She hid the book behind her back when he lounged for it causing him to knock them both onto the bed where he attempted to tickle her into submission, but resulted in an impromptu cardio session leaving them both sweaty and breathless on top of a pile of clean clothes. When her breathing finally returned to normal she snuggled into Adian's arms and ask, "How do you feel about me moving?"

"I'm happy for you. You got a job, that you actually like, and now you're getting your own place. I know this is what you've been working towards."

"Will you miss me?"

"No. I don't miss people. Plus we're friends so we'll still hang out."

"Hang out how? Like this- naked?"

"If that's what you want, yes. But it's not a requirement for me to spend time with you."

"So essentially things will be exactly the way there are now, except that I won't live here anymore?" He nodded. "Sorry buddy, you're going to have to do better than that now."

"What do you mean?"

She sat up with her elbow purposely digging it into his triceps, "You can't expect to just lay up at my apartment, we fuck and then you run off to be with your girlfriends. I'm not going to keep being the chick on the side. Not when I have home court advantage." She hadn't planned on having this conversation and was really sure what she expected to get out of it. But was definitely interested in his response.

"So just because you're moving out our relationship has to change?"

"It doesn't have to. However, if I'm not mistaken it was you who said that we couldn't be in relationship because we live together. After this week that will no longer be an issue. So what's it gonna be?" Her eyebrow rose in curiosity as she threw his rational back in his face.

"So what are you saying? You want to be my girlfriend?"

"Yes." She said a little quicker than see intended, unsure that she really meant it. In the past year she had been through hell dealing with him and his antics. A title and the benefits of he gave the others were the least he could give her and might help to ease some of her pain.

"And you understand what that means? That I'm in a relationship with other women so I won't be around all the time." She nodded. That's no different than now. "Okay, I'm willing to try if you are. But this is all new to me, so if it's not working, if you start to feel neglected, you have to tell me. I'm not a mind reader so you have to speak up."

"Oh I will," she giggled. "Do Sherita or Miranda date other guys?"

"No, they decided they just want to be involved with me."

"Wow. Well okay, I'm not doing that. If this is an open relationship, it's gotta be open on both ends."

"That's fine. In fact I encourage it. So I guess I should take my new girlfriend out on our first official date? After we celebrate again."