09: Drop All Your Worries

Start from the beginning

"Well look at you," Andy says to her. "Who are you trying to impress?" he teases.

"Shut up," she tells him. "Where's this girl you wanted me to meet?" she asks as she puts her things down in his spare room.

"She'll be here soon."

"Well," AJ says, check her phone. "I have to go. He says he's here. Oh! And if anybody asks, I'm on a date with a guy named Jason McCann," she informs him.

Andy looks at her funny. "Who the hell is that?"

"A fictional character," she tells him. "He doesn't know the difference. I'll see you later, maybe." She kisses his cheek and smiles before leaving.

Zayn taps his fingers to the beat of the song echoing through his car as he waits for AJ. He would be lying if he said he isn't nervous about tonight. Everything is planned, but it's still one of the most terrifying things he's ever done in his life, and he's done quite a few.

His phone buzzes in the cup holder and he grabs it, checking the message.

I'm right around the corner x

Zayn's stomach does a flip as he reads the message from his soon to be, hoping she says yes, fiancé. He takes a deep breath and cuts the engine, fixing his white collared dress shirt before he opens the door.

He leans on the side of his car, looking down fix his black jacket when a pair of feet stop in front of him. He smirks and looks up at his girlfriend. His smirk soon falls as his looks her up and down properly. "Wow," he mumbles. "You clean up nicely," he says her, not knowing what else to say. "You look beautiful," he tells her before kissing her softly.

She smiles at him. "This is weird. I don't think I've ever seen you with out that leather jacket of yours," she teases, flattening out his collar. "Did you get a hair cut?" she asks, running her fingers though his now short, dark hair.

He grins and nods. "It was starting to get a bit long."

"It looks good," she says with a smile.

He winks at her. "Ready?"

She nods happily and walks around to the passenger's seat. As soon as they're both seated, Zayn pulls away from the curb and zooms down the street. The car ride is comfortably silent, with just the radio playing quietly in the background. They can tell the other is nervous, not sure why and don't bother to ask.

"We're here," Zayn says as he parks in front of a fancy-looking, Italian restaurant. AJ smiles at him and goes to open her door, but Zayn stops her. "Wait, wait, let me get it," he tells her, quickly getting out and running around the car.

AJ laughs at him, taking his hand. "What has gotten into you?" she asks, amused with his sudden behavior shift.

He smiles at her, locking his car. "Nothing. I can't be nice?" he asks as he leads them inside.

"You can, but it's not normal for you," she tells him.

He smirks. "Would you prefer me to be a dick?"

She smiles. "No," she answers.

"Right this way," the waiter tells the couple, leading them to a small table.

Zayn pushes AJ's seat in after she sits down and then sits across from her. They give the waiter their drink orders, and he leaves them to decide on their dinner orders.

"What are you getting?" AJ asks Zayn as she scans over her menu. Everything is so expensive.

"I'll probably get pasta or something," he tells her.