Chapter 1: last day

When your a young girl apart of a horrible family , and the things you do in life you don't realize you learned them from past experiences. Well when your young love is important to learn. Like how to love, and how to be loved. It all starts when I was ten-years-old, I was taking care of my two-year-old little brother. I gave him a bath, I sat him at the dinner table, and I cleaned up after him when he made messes. I lived with my step mother,and my father. I spend most of my time with "the witch",only because my father worked as a machanic. Well one night after cleaning up dinner mess, I was told to go to bed by my step mother and my father. Sadly my father only seemed to know how to self medicate after work, he was an angry alcoholic. While laying in bed still slightly awake I heard my father arguing with my step mom, and it wasn't like every other night. This specific night I remember hearing the clank of beer bottles being thrown into the garbage can; and twenty to thirty minutes later I heard a big bang against the walls. I decide to completely ignore the loud bang ,and fall asleep. The next day I woke up early for school, and put on my uniform. I walk right across the street from my house and there you go; there is my school. I get the school and sit in the computer lab and wait for the bell to ring. I couldn't wait to go to home room, I was such a teachers pet. My beautiful teacher was Mrs. Boyce. I was so interested in her lectures since I was only in 5th grade. School was important to me, and the only purpose I felt that I had was I was supposed to be something bigger then myself. While attending my school I decided to run for class vice president. This particular day I was supposed to get the news of who won the election at the end of the school day. Well at the end of the school day my principal told me to follow him, and that we were going to go to his office. I never did anything bad so I had no sweat. I thought he was going to bring me to his office to tell me who won the school elections. I was  so excited so I followed him around while he visited all the classes. I lost him through the group of kids leaving school, so I decided to walk home he would tell me tomorrow. I got to the fount gate and he stopped me and told me I had to come with him it was urgent. So we walked up to the front of his office and waiting right there by his office door was a big fat lady who didn't seem so happy. When we got to his office door the fat lady introduced herself as a social worker. My heart sank into my stomache, sadly I knew this was all because of the fight the night before. When the three of us stepped into his office, we were joined in the office by my teacher and the front desk lady. The fat lady explained how I would be going with her, and that my little brother was asleep in the car. She also asked me about the bite marks on my brothers chin. I didn't wish to reply, she also asked if my father ever beat me. I didn't reply, I cried into my teachers arms and I told her I'd visit her in the future. I then got into the car with the fat lady and I felt the car completely sink to the driver side. From this moment I knew I wasn't going home, and I wouldn't listen to Mrs. Boyce teach again. I also knew I wouldn't find out who won the election. Lastly I knew that today was my last day at school.