Two Meanings

N/A: I know some of you were having trouble reading the last chapter for some reason, but I think I fixed it. If it didn't fix just let me know and I'll post it on my tumblr for you guys to read.

"So do you believe me now?" Taylor asked the older girl as they entered her apartment. It had been a long, awkward night and Taylor felt completely mentally exhausted. Of course, she still remember the reason behind the dinner, she wasn't quite sure how it proved that she didn't have feelings for Karlie, something she knew was a lie, but she went with it. Now it was time to hear the verdict.

She didn't know what would happen if Dianna decided she didn't believe her. Would she leave her? The thought scarred Taylor. Sure she wasn't over the model, but she cared deeply for the older girl. It wasn't just superficial anymore, sure it might've been at the beginning, at the time she just didn't want to lose Dianna, but now... she was remembering why she fell for the actress to begin with, all that time ago. Taylor was sure that with time her feeling for Karlie would be gone. That's all she needed from the actress: time.

Dianna didn't replied, instead she took the singers hand and dragged her towards the leaving room before she pushed her on the couch, surprising Taylor.

"You look a bit stressed babe," Dianna said as she climbed on top of the younger girl, "let me help you with that."

Oh.

Taylor didn't say anything, instead she watched as Dianna placed her hands on her breast, softly massaging them, before moving towards her back, searching for the dress's sipper. Of all the scenarios she imagined happening, this wasn't one of them. But that was being with Dianna Agron: never predictable, always exciting.

With her dress discarded, Taylor sat up and pulled the actress in for a kiss.

***

It had been two weeks since the awkward dinner and things seemed to have gotten better. Of course, Taylor's definition of better was hanging out with Karlie whenever Dianna was out of town, and never talking about either girl to the other. The actress had said she didn't mind the two friends hanging out, but Taylor still preferred doing it when she was busy. It made things easier and it meant not having to bring the model up for any reason. It also meant keeping the two apart since much of the hangout sessions took place in the singer's apartment.

Emotionally, things also seemed to have gotten better. The singer was starting to accept that she and Karlie were never going to be anything more than friends, it made hanging out with the model easier. Karlie loved Josh; that knowledge was helping her move on.

Today was one of her days with Dianna, the actress had been tired from her flight from LA and Taylor had to leave to work on album stuff for a few hours, because of it they had decided to have a low-key night in the singer's apartment.

While Taylor was gone, Dianna had decided to go to grocery store to buy all the supplies needed for s'mores, much to the singer's delight.

"You know, this will be my first time using the fireplace. And given that this place is 75% wood, this would end very badly," Taylor commented dryly, but the worry in her voice was evident to the actress.

"It'll be fine babe." With the fire ablaze, the singer went and took a sit next to Dianna on the floor, with the actress instantly handing her a stick and a marshmallow.

"I feel like we are just going to ruin our dinner..."

Dianna laughed at the singer's paranoia, bringing butterflies to Taylor's stomach in the process. "You have candles lit 24/7! It'll be fine."

"But-"

"Pleeeasseee, Taylor," the actress begged with puppy eyes, "think of it as a pre-birthday present for me."

The singer sighed, "Fine."

With that, Taylor stuck the marshmallow to the end of the stick and brought it to the fire. Dianna smiled in victory and did the same.

"Speaking of your birthday, I know you already have your party planned, but what do you say to doing something together the night before since I won't be able to make it to this grand extravaganza of yours," Taylor said with a smile, it was something she had been thinking about for quite some time. She hadn't gone to Central Park for quite some time now, and she figured that a stroll, cake and a bottle of wine at night would be perfect. Like their 'first' date, without the worry of never making it back home. If they stayed late enough, maybe they could even celebrate Dianna's birthday together. "I'll give you your actual present then, as well."

"That sound's perfect Ms. Swift," the older girl agreed, a glint of excitement in her eye, "What is it that you have in mind?"

"If I told you it wouldn't be a surprised, now would it?" Taylor answer with a mischievous smile, "Now, pass me a cracker and some chocolate."

***

Taylor listened as footsteps made their way up the stairwell, most likely Dianna. The singer, however, tried to ignore it. She had an early morning the next day and was in the brink of sleep, she didn't want to open her eyes and risk losing her sleep. The door soon opened, and even though she couldn't see it, she could feel the actress staring at her. With quiet steps the girl approached her, quickly leaning down and giving her a kiss on her cheek.

Dianna lightly touched her face for a second but Taylor showed no response, even though she was now more awake than sleep. Maybe if she just kept eyes shut, she would recover her sleep.

"I love you," those words were said in a small whisper before the hand left her face, footsteps moving away from her. Soon, the shower was turned on.

Taylor had stopped paying attention, however. She froze in place, with those words playing over and over again in her head. It was obvious that she wasn't supposed to hear them, but she had. And instead of joy, or happiness, those words only brought her fear.

Fear because she knew she didn't reciprocate them.

N/A: Thank you so much for the feedback on the last chapter, it was much appreciated :). Hope you guys like this one. Xx.