The Boyfriend

The show had gone off smoothly and by the end of it Taylor had made a lot of new friends. She had been especially nervous for this performance; scared of how the media and her fans would react. But Taylor had had so much fun on that runway with the models that she decided to push her worries aside and enjoy the rest of her night. She had momentary consider skipping the after party and just fly to Nashville to relax before she had to go on tour again. Lily, however, refused to let the singer leave telling her the after party was a must. So after some convincing from Lily, Taylor agreed to stay in New York at least until morning.

The girls arrived at the hotel where the party was being held with arms linked together. The place was full with all of the models, theirs friends and other important looking people. Some people were dancing recklessly to the music playing, while others were just standing around talking. To Taylor it just seemed like any other after party.

They hadn't been even a minute inside when the girls noticed Cara waving at them from across the room, motioning them to join her. Taylor couldn't help but laugh at the model's excitement as she waved at them. As both girls approached Cara, Taylor quickly realized that she was drunk, which only amused the singer more.

"The party hasn't even been going on for an hour and you're already drunk?" Lily inquired the English girl.

"That's the only way I party!" Cara responded raising her glass before drinking its content in one gulp.  "Take a page off my book and live a little." The girl said to no one in particular.

"She's right you know," a voice said from behind them. Taylor quickly turned around to see who the voice belonged to and was pleased to see Karlie approaching them, a smile on her face.

"SEE! Karlie agrees with me!" Cara said excitedly, "Let's go get more drink! Lily, come with me. Taylor, you want anything?"

Taylor considered this for a second. "Surprise me." Taylor finally responded cheekily, deciding to take Cara's advice.

Taylor and Karlie were now alone to themselves. Or as alone as they could be in the crowded room.

"So how are you enjoying the party?" Karlie asked as she took a seat next to the singer, "surely it's better than any other party you've been to."

"It's definitely more entertaining." The singer answered looking in Cara's direction.

"Oh yes, Cara can make anything fun," the model answered, a smile playing on her face as if remembering something.

Taylor wanted to ask the younger girl what was on her mind, wanting to know the secrets and stories she held. Before she could voice her questions a man was behind Karlie, wrapping his arms around her and placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Hey Karlie, I've been looking for you." Karlie simply looked up to the man and smiled before turning her attention to Taylor who was now looking at her phone, awkwardly trying to avoid staring at the couple.

"Taylor this is my boyfriend, Josh. Josh, Taylor." Karlie said matter-of-factly.

Taylor finally looked up from her phone to greet Josh. "Nice meeting you Josh."

"You too." Josh responded with a smile, "Anyways, you ready to go Karlie?"

"You're leaving?" Taylor tried her best to not sound disappointed by the news.

Karlie looked at Taylor apologetically. "I know, I'm sorry. Maybe we can hang out some other time?" Karlie pulled a piece of paper and a pen from her bag and started scribbling on it. "Here, this is my number. Call me whenever you are free."

Taylor took the note, promising to call her soon. As she watched Karlie and Josh walk away hand in hand, Taylor placed the number in her bra.