Shoe In Mouth

Karlie was just about to leave the gym, when her phone went off. She quickly looked at the caller and smiled to herself.

"Hey Taylor!" The model couldn't contain her happiness at hearing from the singer, lately things were starting to feel right again.

"Hi Karls," it was instantly obvious to Karlie that the blonde was nervous, her happiness instantly replaced with concern.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just umm... wanted to ask you if you had any plans this Sunday night."

Karlie smiled once more, maybe she'll get to see Taylor sooner than she expected.

"No, I don't. Why? What did you have in mind?"

Karlie could sense the singer's hesitance but didn't say anything, deciding it was best to not push Taylor.

"I was thinking that maybe we could all get together for dinner," the blonde finally answered, careful to pronounce every word.

The model was instantly confused, "Who is 'we'?"

"Oh, you know. You, me... and ... umm Josh and Dianna."

It was Karlie's turn to be silent. She wasn't expecting that answer, she wasn't quite sure she even understood what she was saying. Taylor couldn't have really asked for all of them to get dinner, could she?

"Karlie, you still there?" The singer asked nervously.

"Yeah, sorry. Umm, sure why not. It could be fun."

"Really? Great! I'll send you the details, I have to go now, bye."

"Bye, Taylor." The line went silent.

Did I just agree to go to dinner with Taylor and Dianna?

***

This is a bad idea, a really bad idea.

Karlie and Josh had just arrived to the restaurant they had arranged to meet and every cell in the model told her to turn around and run. How was she supposed to do this? Could she? She had a hard enough time just bringing the actress up, now she was supposed to spend the next two hours with her? No, she couldn't do it, but it was too late to back out now.

They found Taylor's table sooner than Karlie would've liked, Josh quickly dragging them towards it. The two girls didn't notice the couple's arrival right away and were having a conversation among themselves. Taylor smiled at something the girl in front of her said, but Karlie could see she was nervous.

Dianna was the first to notice her and Josh, looking less content than she had mere seconds ago. It made the model wonder why the blonde had even suggested this, she had been too shocked at the time to ask questions. Taylor followed the actress's gaze and quickly stood once she saw the couple.

Taylor was wearing a little black dress and her usual red lips were a nude color. It was such a simple attire, but the model couldn't help but think it was the most beautiful sight.

"Karlie, Josh, it's nice to see you two again," Taylor said with a polite smile before gesturing to the girl next to her, "and this here is my girlfriend, Dianna."

Josh seemed a bit taken back the mention of a girlfriend, Karlie may have forgotten to mention that part. "Nice to meet you, I'm Josh."

With greeting exchanged, they all took a sit at the round table which was fairly secluded from the rest of the patrons.

Small, if awkward, conversation occurred as they all waited for their waiter. Thankfully, they didn't wait for long. Once the waiter was gone, Josh was the first to break the silence, though Karlie wished he hadn't.

"So, Taylor, you're a lesbian?" The model quickly looked at the entrepreneur mortified. If the ground crumbled beneath her and took her to her death at that moment, she couldn't have said she'd mind. She couldn't bring herself to even look at Taylor, but she could hear her laugh uncomfortably.

"So, where is it that you work at Josh?" Dianna interfered, changing the subject.

Karlie stopped listening to Josh and looked up to look at the actress. As she did, she noticed her bringing her hand under the table, Taylor quickly responded, bringing her own hand down and shooting Dianna a thankful smile. Karlie looked away quickly, feeling as if she had intruded a private moment, but also feeling sad and jealous. That level of intimacy was something her and Josh would never have, and something she could've have had.

Their dinner hadn't gotten better, conversation had been limited to small comments about the food or the look of the restaurant. Karlie for her part, had said even less, she simply smiled and nodded whenever necessary. Josh was about to point out another useless observation when his phone started ringing, he quickly excused himself leaving Taylor, Dianna and her alone for the first time that evening.

They were quiet for a second before Taylor attempted to make conversation, "So, have you come here before, Karlie."

"No." The model was gonna stick to her short answers if possible.

"Oh," Karlie instantly felt bad once she heard the hurt tone in Taylor's voice, but before she could apologize, Josh came back.

"I'm sorry ladies, it looks like I'll have to excuse myself early, there's some business I have to take care of."

"It's a weekend," Karlie said surprised. Josh never worked in the weekends, especially this late.

"I know, I'm sorry but this is important," he answered, looking at the model, "but you guys enjoy the rest of your night, just put the check on my tab."

"You've come here before?"

"Yes, I like to bring clients here."

"I'll come with you."

"No, no. You stay here with your friends, I'll see you tomorrow. Taylor, Dianna." Josh said with a curt little nod.

Before Karlie could say anything else, he was gone. She was left alone with Taylor and Dianna; this couldn't have gone worse.

"Nice boyfriend." Dianna said, taking another bite from her plate.

Karlie breathed in deeply, reminding herself she couldn't slap the actress as much as she would liked.

"Dianna," Taylor said warningly.

The actress stared at the singer for a second before sighing, giving her a quick nod.

"So, how is the modeling business going?" Dianna asked, seeming to try to be polite.

Despite that, Karlie was still glaring at her, she wasn't ready to play nice. Honestly, the actress could've said the sky was blue and the model still would've been annoyed. "Good."

Taylor sighed, she appeared tired. "If you guys will excuse me for a second." The singer click got up, leaving Dianna and Karlie alone.

Just because Taylor is not here to watch doesn't mean you can punch her in the face, Karlie.

"Do you like her?" Karlie was instantly taken aback, not sure if she heard the actress right.

"What?"

"Do you like her? Do you like Taylor?"

Yes. Wait, no you can't. You have Josh, you love Josh. "No."

"I don't believe you." Dianna said instantly.

"Why?" Karlie hated this, she hated feeling vulnerable, but she hadn't expected Dianna to be so straightforward. It took her off guard and now she was scrambling to find her words. She wouldn't have believed herself either.

Dianna held Karlie's gaze for a moment, making the model uncomfortable.

"Because you'd be stupid not to."

N/A: Things should start getting a bit more interesting in the next few chapters :) can't wait to hear your feedback. As always, thanks for reading. Xx.