Chapter 23

Enjoy reading! Vote and comment!

______________

Chapter 23: Hard work, determination and willingness

"Whenever you feel like giving up just remember you have a lot of mother f*ckers to prove wrong."

- Alixandrea Francesca Matthews

***

"He's your cousin?" I asked incredulously.

Tumango lang siya but can't look me in the eyes. Lahat kami gulat sa pangyayari.

Magkakilala silang dalawa, hell..mag-pinsan pa.

I feel betrayed; she knew all along that Roland was the father of my children.

She knew, Roland Kyle Valenzuela 'the pop-rock superstar' was the scumbag who broke my heart.

She knew, yet she didn't tell me that they are relatives.

"Ate Chesca, let me explain-"

Mamaya kami mag-uusap, kailangan ko munang paalisin si Roland dito.

"You don't have to explain anything, you're his cousin. There's nothing wrong with that." Sabi ko sakanya but secretly telling her to shut up dahil baka makahalata si Roland. She bowed down her head immediately.

I trusted her too much, I treated her like my own sister, and I never thought she's hiding this to me all those years.

"Isn't small world mom?" Nakangiting tanong ni Xandrine sa'kin. Medyo nawala yung galit sa dibdib ko nang makita ko ang cute na cute kong anak sa pink long sleeved dress niya, she's growing up really fast kaya niya ng mag-ipit ng pigtails on her own pero siyempre not in the perfect way, she's still cute tho.

I nodded, "It is hun," sagot ko sakanya pero kay Kylie ako nakatingin na hanggang ngayon naka-tungo pa rin.

"Mr. Kyle is your friend and Tita Kylie's cousin, so can we call him Tito too?" Xander asked innocently.

"That would be cool!" Xandrei chirped in.

"You can call me Dad if you wa-" He stops himself just at the same moment when my head whips up to hear him finish the sentence.

"Roland!"

"Hey, I was just kidding." Nakangisi niyang sabi, ang sarap sampalin nung ngising 'yon.

Pagbaling ko naman ng tingin kay Kylie hindi na siya mapakali.

"Kuya, please don't tell them na andito ko sa Baguio. Please kuya, I don't wanna go back. You know how they treat me there."

Pakiusap ni Kylie kay Roland.

Dun naman biglang sumeryoso ang mukha ni Roland. Malamang alam niya rin ang pagmamalupit na ginagawa ng step-mother ni Kylie sakanya doon sa Hawaii kaya siya naglayas at napadpad dito sa Baguio.

I cleared my throat and turned to face my kids, "Kids, the breakfast is ready. Go now, elders need to talk." I said using my authoritative voice. Agad naman nila akong sinunod.

"Don't forget to pray." I reminded them.

"Yes mom." They answered in chorus as they walked toward the dining room.