The Unorthodox Life of Aaliyah Kaye Marx (21)

Start from the beginning

Next thing I knew, he was leaning towards me and my heart started racing ninety. His eyes flickered to my lips and I leaned in closer, unwrapping my arms from my legs. His lips brushed lightly over my lips and I moaned slightly at his teasing. My wolf was mad though, flailing in my mind - trying to get me to stop.

I felt my eyes blaze and my canines sharpened when Devyn's tongue slipped in between my lips. My nails sharpened and lengthened and I wrapped my arms around Devyn's neck. He tugged at my bottom lip with his teeth and I gasped. My head was pounding. Half with lust and the other half with anger and guilt. The latter two from my wolf.

Devyn's pulled back and I whimpered, bringing him back to me but he carefully gripped my hands and pulled me away from him.

He looked at me and bit his lip - taking in my flushed face and lengthened canines.

"Exactly what I thought." He sighed, sounding depressed even and sat back into his chair.

"What's wrong?" I breathed out, feeling my claws and fangs retract - my wolf placated now that he was away from us.

"It's your human side - and your human side ONLY that's attracted to me ... Your wolf recognizes that I'm not your mate and tries to come out when we kiss ..." He trailed off, looking utterly disheartened.

"What - is she not supposed to come out like that? When we kiss?"

"No ... That only happens for the male when he is either marking her ... Or making love to her ..." A tinge of red appeared on his cheeks when he explained this.

"So maybe I got landed with a guy wolf instead of a girl?" I asked hopefully and Devyn let out a humourless chuckle.

"No Ali ... You didn't ... Look," He said, glancing up and pointing to my neck, he brushed his fingers across the mark and I gasped, tingles shooting through me. A look of hope brightened his eyes at my reaction but it slowly dulled as he look at it.

"It's on my neck Dev - I can't see it!" I rolled my eyes and he sighed.

"When you mark someone - that mark lasts forever - never heals. It shows every other wolf that the female is taken. Your mark has healed - of course - but it's faded. Who knows, you might always have it like that, faded - but they aren't supposed to fade."

My hand shot up to my neck and I felt anger flare within me. And this time it wasn't just my wolf.

"You fucking MARKED me for LIFE?!" I screeched and he clapped a hand over my mouth, dragging me down, back to my seat.

"Shh! Do you want every human on this plane to hear you!? I thought you knew what I was doing?!"

"I don't even know what marking someone means?! I thought what you did was just like ... the wolf version of a hickey or something!?" I whisper yelled, struggling to be released from his grasp. "Sure I LIKE you Devyn - but I don't want to be fucking marked as yours forever!" I will NOT be tied down! Never!

"It IS the wolf version of a hickey ... it just lasts forever!"

"You KNOW what I mean - I thought it would be there for a week! Tops! But NO, you scarred me for life!" My voice grew louder no matter how hard I tried to keep it down. Does he have ANY idea what a turn off a hickey is for other guys?! And now I'm stuck with this one for life?!

"Jesus Ali - did your family not teach you anything about werewolves?"

"No! I only found out about them at Jay's party - and that's when the twin idiots had it out in my bedroom!"

Devyn dropped his face into his hands looking utterly devastated and even though I was raging at him, I just had to comfort him. I placed my hand gently on his shoulder.