Chapter 1

Avery's Pov.

Its been 2 months now since I moved into my apartment, and I now have the same everyday schedule. Get up make coffee, drink it, smile and wave to the boy that lives across from me through my window, go to work, come home, eat, sleep and all gets repeated. But today is one of those rare but special days where I'm off work so, I get to stick around home and catch up on my TV, watch Netflix,eat junk food and just relax.

So when I got out of bed today there was a skip in my step because the excitement of having a day to do what I please is overwhelming in the best way possible. I skipped into the kitchen and started a pot of coffee. I sighed and looked out of the window to see the same blue haired boy I first saw 2 months ago, but today there was no smile or wave. He had a frown on his face and he was hunched over. I frowned at the sight of him and did something I may regret but did it anyway. I quickly got a pad of paper out and a black sharpie before writing 'Why so glum chum?:(' I looked to see if he was still there and smiled when I saw he hasn't moved an inch. I quickly turned the notepad his way and started tapping the window to get his attention.

He looked over after a minute and looked surprised that I was there holding up a note and asking him whats wrong. He let a small smile form across his face and held up one finger to let me know he would be right back. Probably a minute later he was back writing on a white board.

He turned it around and it said 'Just having an off day...'. 

I quickly wrote down my response 'I call bullshit.' He looked shocked at my word choice but replied any way.

' My girlfriend cheated on me...:'('. My heart ached at this and I quickly responded.

' I'm sorry...'. I gave him a sympathetic smile and he shrugged his shoulders before writing again.

' Its fine...just sad she did it is all.' He gave a small smile and I nodded my head.

' Well she doesn't know what shes missing...:).' I smiled and he let a small grin form on his face, he quickly wrote something down on his whiteboard and smiled as he showed it to me.

' I'm Michael by the way.' I grinned at him before quickly writing my reply down.

' Avery...Its nice to finally know your name ;).' I laughed and he smiled at me.

'Its nice to finally have a conversation with you...well as close as you can get with paper.' I laughed and I could tell he was laughing as well.

'Yeah maybe one day we'll have a real conversation in front of each other.' I smiled and he quickly wrote down a response.

' I'm free now.' He shrugged and I nodded, he then added to his statement.' Apartment 234 floor number 4.' I smiled at him before replying.

' Sounds good see you soon.' I smiled before waving, he waved back and I headed out.

I grabbed my phone and keys, put a hoodie on and some comfortable shoes and I was on my way. I can't believe after 2 full months of waving and smiling at each other we are finally going to meet in person I couldn't be more excited. The blue haired boy I now know as Michael is a mystery to me and I might be able to solve it. The days when he didn't smile or wave back hurt, because I could tell there was something off. Only today was the first day I worked up enough courage to ask him whats wrong. Who knows Michael and I may become friends and its always nice to have a friend close by. Hes only across the street from me. 

Before I knew it I was walking into Michael's building and I was shaking with nerves. I'm nervous and excited to meet him. The thing is what if he doesn't like how I really am or vise versa? I hope everything will go great between Michael and I. 

The ride on the elevator to his floor seemed to be the longest elevator ride I have been on. The nerves bubbling up were not helping at this point. My hands were shaking slightly when I exited the elevator. Before I knew it I was walking down the halls of the floor. I passed 230, 231, 232, 233...and finally I made it to 234. I took a deep breath in and out before knocking on his door. This moment could change everything and it quite possibly already has.

Authors Note: Sorry I know this chapter is short but the second one i'll try to make longer. I know this chapter isn't the best but it was better the first time I wrote it, but my phone just had to die before I could save it. Thanks to whoever is reading this.

~T