Seven

2 months pass and I haven't come back from the maze with any injuries or 10 minutes before the doors close.

Gally's accepted that I am a runner, he still doesn't like it but he doesn't want to lose me again.

There have been a new greenie since my arrival and one coming today.

Alby explained how he was the first glader to arrive and they've been working on building a society for 1 and a half years now. Meaning there are about 20 of us here.

"Hey, get up shank." Newt popped his head in mine and Gally's hut.

"What time is it?" I whisper trying not to wake Gal.

"Six, I have to show you something." and with that he left.

I groaned and removed Gally's arm from my waist. I quickly changed and went outside to meet Newt.

"What's so important that you had to wake me up early?" I wiped the sleep out of my eyes.

"I was going through stuff in the boxes from the last greenie and you'll never believe what I found." He has a cheesy grin on his face.

"What?" I'm so not up for this guess what business.

Newt pulled out a picture of two kids smiling and laughing. Those two kids looked an awful lot like us.

"Now, I was gonna wait until later to show you but I-" I cut newt off by wrapping my arms around him.

"Newt, do you know what this means?" I smiled.

"We are possibly brother and sister?" He laughed and hugged me back.

"That explains our accents." I haven't been this happy in awhile.

"But Hazel, Lets keep this to ourselves for now. Of the glade finds out that someone sent this, they'll get jealous and suspicious. I don't know what they'll do and I honestly don't want to find out."

I nodded to newt and hugged him again. Newt, my best friend is now my possible brother!

"So, why did they send us up a picture?" I questioned.

"I'm not sure Hazel, I just hope it's good and not bad." he rubbed his neck.

"It's good, why else would they show us a part of our past?" I giggled.

"You haven't been here as long as I have Hazel. Nothing like this has ever happened and it may not be good." he frowned.

I shrugged, if they want Newt and I to remember each other or to know we are siblings then so what? What's so bad about that?

"Hazel?" Gally came out of our hut and rubbed his eyes.

"Sorry, we didn't want to wake you." I smiled. I saw Newt put the picture in his pocket out of the corner of my eye.

"Why're you out here, shank?" He asked newt as he put his arm protectively around my waist.

I just rolled my eyes and giggled, "Gal, he came to say good morning and spend some time together since I'm either out in the maze all day or with you."

Gally just huffed and went back into the hut.

"Jeez, I thought he was gonna kill me." Newt laughed.

"I've learned how to keep him calm. It comes naturally to me" I joked.

"Obviously, that boy has been nicer since you arrived. I think I heard him say excuse me a few days ago." Newt laughed.

"Well let's go get some breakfast, I have to run Minhos section today since there's a greenie coming." I nervously said.

I honestly don't wanna go out in the maze by myself and I know Gally wouldn't let me but I know it's my job and it was bound to happen one day.

"Alone? I knew Alby asked Minho to stay back today but I didn't know he'd send you out for him.." Newt sighed as we walked to the kitchen.

I shrugged, like I said its my job. I have to...