One

I'm not aware of much, just that I'm in a closed metal crate and its moving. Its moving pretty fast.

"Help!" I scream. I had woken up and suddenly couldn't remember anything of how I got here.

Then, the worst happens, I can't breathe. Why can't I breathe? I grab my chest instantly and I start freaking out even more.

The crate stops moving and two doors opened.

Boys. That's all I saw above me. Boys with confused expressions. Did they put me here?

Great, I think I made it worse because now I can't manage to get any air in my lungs.

"She, she can't breathe!" Someone said.

"Did you say 'she'?" "Is she hot?" "Does she need CPR, I know CPR!"

"She's having a panic attack." a talk, blonde haired boy said from the front of the crowd. He jumped down and kneeled in front of me.

"You have to calm down, you're safe here. No need to be afraid. Just calm down." he kept repeating until my breathing steadied.

"How'd you know that?" I asked astonished.

"Yeah Gally? How did you know that?" The boy in the box with us asked.

Gally shrugged, "Common sense, just leave me alone slinthead!"

Gally hoisted himself out of the box and started walking away, "Don't worry, Gally's always like that." the skinny boy said, just then did I acknowledge his strong English accent. I know this because I also have a British accent.

"I'm Newt, oh yeah," Newt looked up at the boys, "You all have jobs, you've never let a greenie stop you before."

The boys all sighed and walked away, only one stayed.

He held his hand out for me and helped me out.

"I'm Alby." he said.

I wanted to tell him my name but I couldn't remember what it was.

"I-I don't remember my name.." I whispered but loud enough for the boys to hear.

"It's ok, that happens. It will come back to you though." Newt said as he wiped his pants off from the box.

"Alby, she should stay with one of us. Maybe Minho, the gladers haven't seen a girl since they have been here. Who knows what they might try." Newt said.

All of which doesn't make any sense.

"Who's Minho? Why do you call yourselves gladers? Where did we come from?" I have so many more questions but I'll leave it at that.

"We have some explaining to do greenie." Alby said as he started leading Newt and I through the small village that I have learned is called the Glade.