The mother of Jake just widened her eyes as Liam lets out a laugh and places his hands onto the boy's sides. "You're like a little spy, aren't you?"

Jake shakes his head and turns to look at Liam. "The Hulk."

"That you are," Liam muses with a side look to Monica who once again turned scarlet.

.

- Monica & Liam -

"This is amazing," Monica looks over to Liam with wide eyes. Jake had fallen asleep on the couch and once he had, Liam offered Monica a listen to the song he'd written. "What's it about?"

"Katelyn and Harry," he says nodding along to the beat. "It's very personal and I knew that I'd only be able to write once I knew Harry could move on - when you had come into his life. This song's not on the album but I just wanted you to hear it."

"It's so sad."

"That's how Harry felt," Liam concludes with a shrug just as the song faded out. "He built his life with Katelyn, he built a home with her and when she passed the home it became just a home that is empty and his garden is just a garden with tall grassy weeds, and he climbs to the top of that tree that together they saw develop into greatness and looks out at the world, a world without the woman he loves."

"I could never imagine going though what he had," Monica admits while sighing.

He changes the subject."Harry told me about Matt, and how he came back. You were pretty forgiving."

She merely shrugs, looking away from the solo artist to peer at her son who was still sleeping soundly on the couch. Monica Highland had not only forgiven her ex pretty easily but her parents as well - and many, many would question why she would do so but to be honest, she couldn't put it into words on why. Something about holding grudges was just not her - it's not healthy but there's more to her forgiveness. And though she adored Liam and had become pretty good friends with him, she wasn't too keen on telling him exactly why.

"I could never hold a grudge." Is Monica's  dull response even though she could tell a whole lot more about why she chose to be so forgiving.

"I think it's very sweet of you - despite all that Matt had done. I think only a true man could come back and apologize," Liam coax knowing that there is more than she led on. He was curious because there was history with Matt and Liam knows that Harry is probably on edge about the ex no matter how much he denies it. His curiosity heightens when a smile pulls at her lips. 

"I'm so relieved," she admits, "I was always worried that Jake would never have that father figure in his life especially since it's been so hard to date but then Matt comes back and shows me that Jake will have that father-son relationship."

"But Haz told me that Jake refereed to Harry as his dad."

Monica lets an amused glint take over her eyes. "He tells you everything doesn't he?" Liam grins sheepishly. "Yeah, he had but there is never a guarantee that Harry and I will work out. I didn't want Jake to become so attached too quickly. Which is why I'm glad Matt came back because if things don't work out, Jake will still have that father figure."

"I hope you two work out." Liam bits his lip and looks down at the pillow in his arms. He was more than hoping they'd work out - he was praying they would because he knew that Harry would take it hard if they ended because this is his first relationship ever since Katelyn had passed.

"Me too," she agrees before turning the tables onto the curious man. "You know who I liked?"

Liam looks up and raises her eyebrows at her. She merely grins.