Elisan had pale blue eyes and a yellow outer rim on it. His hair was completely black and his body seemed like a shade of white like the colour of bleached bones. He was thin and muscular and had an average height. Then he noted features of Clara again and gasped. The face he was seeing now was completely different. She had pale brown eyes and had blond hair. Her body was slightly pale than others which, considering her perfect physique, suited her perfectly.

He turned to John, who was staring at him with jealousy, and looked into his pale green eyes and his bronze hair. His skin was dark, neither too black nor too light. It was unique to see his contrasting features combine to make such a nice face. Henry was shaggy-haired. His eyes were completely black and so was his hair. There were bruises over him wherever he was tied. It made his otherwise plain skin look flushed with blood. Paul was breathing heavily and was counting numbers. Mandarin took a quick note of his dark-complexioned face with blue eyes and red hair. The first question to pop into Mandarin’s head was if he was a very big fan of weird colours dyed on his hair.

He did not realize that he was looking at Paul for too long, until he said through his tight set of jaws, “Move along! I don’t have anything to offer.” Mandarin looked a little surprised but he quickly enough remembered his offer. Then he turned to John, who simply shook his head and said, “I am the weak link. That is all I have to offer.” Disappointed, he finally turned to Elisan who was waiting for him to turn to him.

Then he spoke, “I can offer you a lot of things if you do not kill others. Free D’nimo from your spell and undo this horrible nightmare and I would give you an offer you will never be able to refuse.” His voice was a bit hard but at the same time, it was convincing and taunting. Mandarin accepted this and undid the special trap. Elisan said, “Instead of telling you the location of the Cavern of Time, we will lead you to it. You can have a special team of us leading you through its perils and to its protector dragon. I know that you want the dragon’s blood and need human sacrifices. So I offer you that you do not kill us but offer us as sacrifice to the dragon. But be careful to take the blood before you hand us over, or you may be cheated. Dragons love to cheat others, before killing them. We could also tell you the path to the resting place of the Book of Time and how to get through the dragon. All you need to do is to let D’nimo live and let us free so that we may be able to move. The journey is dangerous, Evil Lord and there is a heavy guarantee of casualty. Your enemy is dangerous and your only hope rests in the five individuals you hate the most.” He continued in a thrilling and convincing voice, “But we will help you in the cave until we fulfil our side of bargain or move on to the next realm of The Land of Souls. So tell me Evil Lord, do you agree to take up this special ride into the world of danger?” I would have jumped on his offer instantly and made them take me to it immediately but Mandarin was being careful and after considering the offer word-by-word, he agreed. The others looked at Elisan in shock who simply smiled a reassuring smile. Mandarin looked at him and it seemed to be screaming ‘Trust me’ silently.

Mandarin was absolutely sure of the presence of a trap he was being lured into but he had no choice. Then Mandarin remembered the words used by Elisan and said, “How did you know that I wanted the dragon’s blood? You should not even know about its existence!” His glare could have frozen even the flowing lava. Elisan was so shocked by the glare that even when he opened his mouth to protest, no voice came out of him. Mandarin knew that they were always spying on him and in his anger, lifted his left hand upwards. While bringing down his hand slowly, he rotated his wrist clockwise three times and then anti-clockwise twice as others watched in shock and fear. Mandarin chanted:

“Earth, fire, wind and water! This is a curse upon the five of you! One of you will only leave the Cavern of Time alive and you will all fight till death to decide! Disobey and you will die instantly. Heed my will, O mighty elements of life for so is my wish!”