22 - Happy? New Year

Start from the beginning

The night of the party, I was pacing around my house still trying to figure out a solution.

“Relax,” Peyton muttered uncaringly while she studied her nails. “You’re constant pacing is making me tired.”

“What am I going to do if he tries to kiss me?”

Peyton rolled her eyes. “Kiss him back?”

“You told me not to!” I whined sinking down into a nearby chair.

“I told you to keep your options open,” Peyton corrected. “Don’t close this guy out completely but watch out when it comes to him. You never know if he’s being serious or not. And I never tell you to do anything. I always suggest things.”

I rolled my eyes at the nonsense coming from her mouth. “You are so confusing.”

“It’s part of my job,” she said indifferent.

I grunted as I heard the doorbell ring. I quickly said my goodbyes to Peyton before grabbing my jacket and practically running out the door.

“Whoa,” Logan said catching me before I could pass him to go down the stairs. “What’s your hurry? We have until midnight to get there.”

I laughed a little nervously and ran a hand through my hair which was straight and hanging down around my shoulders. “I guess I’m anxious to get there.” And get a drink.

“Then your chariot awaits,” he said bowing slightly and pointing down the stairs. I laughed and felt that bubbly feeling in my stomach start to spread. I immediately put a stop to it by turning serious. Tonight, I would not think about Logan in any overly romantic way.

Once we were in his ridiculously nice car, I relaxed a little more as I cleared my mind. I made sure to begin preparing my metal block. I would definitely need it tonight.

“You look great,” Logan commented as he pulled out onto the main road. I looked down at my dark denim skinny jeans mixed with tan fur boots and a turquoise blue blouse. It wasn’t what I normally wear and I’ll admit that Peyton helped me a little in the clothing department but I took his compliment nonetheless.

“Thanks,” I mumbled. “You look nice too.”

He did in his seemingly matching dark denim jeans (not skinny jeans that would be weird) and blue striped polo. It almost looked like Peyton had known what Logan would have been wearing.

Logan laughed lightly keeping his eyes on the road but he quickly regained his serious expression. He was normally like that so I didn’t think much into it.

This party was held at a two story rented club. Apparently, it was yearly rented out by the people who threw this party. It was a pretty cool place even though it was relatively far from the school and my apartment.

In my midst of thinking about my expectations for the party Logan’s voice interrupted my thoughts. ‘Tonight’s the night. I’m going to take the plunge tonight. It’s all or nothing tonight. At midnight, I’m just going to kiss her.

My eyes widened as I realized that it was his thoughts and not his words. I tried my best not to start hyperventilating. I was overreacting, he could be thinking about Caitlyn. After all he only said her not Vee or Avena. That calmed me down for the rest of the ride.

Logan parked in the parking lot that was already filled with cars. It was relatively dark outside and as I got out of the car, I started to panic again. I still had no plan on how to stop this.

In the few seconds it took Logan to walk over to me and take my hand, I decided that I would lose him somewhere inside. I know it wasn’t the best plan in the world but it would do for short notice…I hoped.