o n e : 'no glove, no love.'

Chapter 1 - 'No glove, no love.'

"For the final time mom, I have packed enough sanitary pads! Geez, what do you think I am, a volcano of blood or something?" I exclaimed, as my mom asked for the tenth time this morning if I had enough towels for when I was 'riding the crimson wave.'

"No honey, it's just a fact that you can never have enough sanitary pads. In fact-" At that point, Trent had walked into the room, his face creased in disgust. He had obviously heard the better part of Mom's declaration.

"I think I'm just gonna leave the room now." he announced slowly, backing out of the room as fast as he had entered.

"I'm coming with you." I muttered, chasing after Trent. As soon as we were out of Mom's earshot, Trent burst into laughter, doubling up on himself as he clutched his stomach, as if he was in pain. You'll be in pain in a second if you don't shut up, I thought darkly.

"Why are you laughing?" I snapped, crossing my arms. Compared to a few months ago, Trent had become slightly more bearable, and more like an older brother - rather than the Devil's spawn. However, he still had his moments.

"Oh, nothing. Apart from the fact that Mom just gave you a 10-minute lecture on the importance of sanitary pads." My eyes narrowed slightly, before I let my arms fall down to my sides.

"You can be a total doofus sometimes, you know?" I commented, ruffling his perfectly styled hair. He hated when I did that. Frowning, Trent put a heavy arm round my shoulders and neck, whilst simultaneously giving me a noogie.

"That's why you love me."

Rolling my eyes (a thing which I was well accustomed to doing by now), I untangled myself from Trent's iron grip.

"What time are we supposed to be leaving for the airport?" I questioned anxiously. Ever since Jake had invited Trent and I to spend summer in London with him, I had been counting the days until we left. It wasn't that I didn't love Chicago - in fact I was kinda sad to be leaving so soon after only being here for just over 7 months. But the thought of seeing Jake again - and Jenna, of course - trumped that hands down.

Checking his watch, Trent snorted. "10 minutes ago. Dad's still trying to load all our luggage into the car."

"Maybe you shouldn't have filled a suitcase with hair products then." I snickered, watching as Dad piled the last suitcase into the back of the car. "We're only going for six weeks, not 5 years you know."

Trent glared at me before a smirk appeared on his face. "Well what can I say, I have to look hot for Jenna."

My jaw clenched, and I struggled to not reach out and hit Trent. Of course, I was over them dating now - especially as it was a pretty long distance relationship. But now that they were going to be together all the time, I was so not looking forwards to their loved-up behaviour while I was stuck in relationship limbo with Jake.

"Trent! Riley! Get in the car, we're going now!" Dad yelled from the driveway as he slammed the trunk shut.

"Get in loser, we're going shopping." I exclaimed, running out to the front garden and jumping in the car, with Trent running behind me. This was going to be a summer that I would never forget.

***

We sat idly in the departures lounge, Trent munching away on the complimentary peanuts and me half-heartedly playing a quick game of Candy Crush. Suddenly, my phone buzzed and flashed, snapping me out of my semi-conscious state.

"Oh, I'm getting a Facetime from Jenna." I announced loudly, mostly to pique Trent's attention.

"Really? Quick, answer it! Wait, how does my hair look?" Trent questioned urgently. Rolling my eyes, I answered the call, a smile forming on my face as soon as I saw Jenna.