12. " The Sacred Jewel of Soul "

Start from the beginning

(What was that? He looked a lot like Shinjo-nii but he seems... different somehow. Ahh! I'll think about it later, for now I should look for Matsumoto-san and Inoue-san.)

She tried looking for them near the area but to no avail. Then she noticed the clock, it was almost five in the afternoon.

(I've been out for more than four hours. They must've have gone back home.), she thought.

When she arrived back to Orihime's house, the door was locked and nobody was there.

(I can't wait for them here, Ichi-nii might come here to return Inoue-san's notes.), Yuuki thought as she remembers their conversation.

She wrote a note and left it under the door and left. A few minutes later Ichigo arrived and knocks on Orihime's door but no one is answering.

(She must still be with Rangiku-san.), he thought.

Then he noticed the note Yuuki left behind and picks it up.

"What's this?.... 'To Shiro'.... who's that? Oh well, I shouldn't be really reading someone else's letter anyway. I'll just put it back."

"Kurosaki?!", a familiar voice called.

Ichigo turned to the direction where the voice came from and saw Toushiro coming towards him.

"Toushiro?!"

"It's Hitsugaya-taichou.", he said with an annoyed look on his face.

"What are you doing here?", Ichigo asked.

"I'm here to pick up Matsumoto (and Yuuki). What about you? And what's that in your hand?"

"I'm here to return the notes I borrowed from Inoue and this.... (To Shiro... ahh! Toushiro! So this is for him, Rangiku-san or Inoue must have left it for him.) I guess they left this note for you."

Ichigo hands Toushiro the note.

(Note? She could've just called me instead.), Toushiro thought. "Do you know where they are?"

"I suddenly bumped into them at the shopping district earlier today. I guess they still haven't come back."

(*cross popping veins*) (That Matsumoto..!), Toushiro thought. "Who was she with?"

"She was with Inoue."

"Just the two of them?"

"Yeah."

(So Yuuki wasn't with them? What was she thinking leaving her alone when I said to keep an eye on her?!), Toushiro thought. "You can leave those to me, I'll give it to her once they come back."

"Really?! Thanks a lot. I'll get going then.", he said as he hands them over to Toushiro.

Once Ichigo was out of sight, Toushiro knocks on the door thinking that Yuuki was inside.

"Yuuki it's me, Kurosaki just left so you can open the door now."

But there was no sign of anyone opening the door. Thinking that she might have fallen asleep he decided to call Rangiku.

"Hello?", Rangiku said on the other line.

"Where are you?! Get back here right now! What were you thinking leaving Yuuki here alone! I told you to keep an eye on her!", he scolded.

"What? She's back already?"

"What do you mean she's back? Didn't you left her here all day?"

"No we didn't, she was still with us about four hours ago. We got separated when we bumped into Ichigo. We've been looking for her since, but if she's back there already then we'll head back as well."