PTM 5 | the artist, the photographer, and a bond - SIMILARITIES

track #5: Mirrors — Justin Timberlake

"Their mind(s) worked well alone, but worked even greater in collaboration."

SIMILARITIES

SIMILARITIES.

People have a tendency to gravitate towards those who are similar to them. When people share the same interests with one another: the same beliefs, the same favorite color, or the same hobbies, those particular similarities tend to have a big impact on how they perceive an individual. There's a feeling of sincere relief that crosses the mind of someone who speaks with a person who knows exactly what they're talking about without saying too much. Similarities. Similarities equal simple and simple, to the eye, is easiest to detect. When all of those similarities extend beyond what most would find in common, a bond is created. Quick. A severe and intense connection. The mirror effect.

"More saturation. Brighten it up ah'bit."

Chanala looked over at Champion the second she heard his suggestion. As usual, she was getting ready to send out some edits to the clients she'd taken pictures of and had come to sit down at Prisms to get some work done. Another Tuesday and Champion walked through the front door, startling her when he slipped into the same side of the booth that she was seated in. Due to the shop being busier than usual, crowded with on-the-go parents and their children, Chanala had to sit elsewhere. The vibrant clothing she liked to wear made it easy for Champion to scope her out without any problem.

His creative suggestion was nothing out of the ordinary. They sat together for two consecutive weeks since their last run-in. Every Tuesday and now every Thursday. Week three had come rolling around and Chanala was thrilled to see that he was still open to sharing a space with her. Often, when she'd catch him thinking of what color to add to a painting, she'd softly pull his paintbrush from his hand and add in a color she felt fit best, and he'd offer her advice on how to tune her photos up, especially when he could sense that her eyes were drying out due to her staring at the computer screen all day. Their mind(s) worked well alone but worked even greater in collaboration.