The News (Updated)

Start from the beginning

He knew this day would come, but he still wasn't prepared.

It was painful. It hurt.

As much as he hated that bastard, he fell for him. No matter how much he tried to convince himself or tried to downplay his feelings, it would always come back to the realization that he liked Kaname Kuran.

Tsk. What would your parents say if they knew? What type of hunter falls in love with a bloodsucking monster? Zero's thoughts taunt him coldly. It didn't have to remind him; he already knew.

I'm a goddamn hypocrite. Zero bitingly resigns in exhaustion.

The two vampires seemed to have shaken awake from their intimate moment, as Zero could Yuki's bright eyes turning back towards him. Anticipation was evident with the way Yuki had her hand tightly holding onto Kaname's.

Stillness echoes in his head for a single thought squeezes itself through the clutches that is his current turmoil.

It just wasn't meant to be.

As much as he wanted to tear the image of the two together, and scream at the being that thought of such a sick joke to torment him, he knew it was but a selfish thought. As much as it tore him apart, he knew that it wasn't right to tear away two people that loved each dearly. It wasn't right to burden them with his feelings.

It wasn't right to tear up what would be the happiest moment for the two.

So to mask his feelings, Zero tries to school his face in a somewhat neutral expression. "Congratulations, I'm glad to be the first to hear about it."

"Does that mean you'll give us your blessings?"

Zero did not show hesitation outwardly, but in his heart, it shook when he uttered out what would be warm words of encouragement, but felt heartless in his mind.

"Of course, as long as the two of you have are sure, then I will give you my blessings."

Yuki seemed appeased with Zero's response and looked to Kaname in excitement. Zero, after having his head turn away from so long from the other older vampire's gaze, finally took him in fully. The older vampire seemed quite happy. The two of them were both happy with one another. They were suitable for one another.

If he can't be with Kaname, then it's okay, as long as Yuki and Kaname were happy.

"Promise me, vampire. That you will take care of Yuki and love her with your very being."

"There is no need for you to question my integrity towards Yuki. I will forever love her, that will forever be unchanged."

"Good."

It was about time for him to get out of this place. Without wasting much time, Zero leaves the two lovebirds behind and makes his way out of the Moon Dormitory without wanting to spare the other two a glance, because he knew, if he did, he wouldn't be able to hold himself together. For the beast inside of him wailed loudly like a wounded animal.

Like a mantra in his head, he kept repeating over and over again to himself that this was all for their happiness. That it was for the best, but he doesn't know if this really helped or just made his emotions even more overwhelmed.

He wanted nothing more than to end everything here.

He could feel his face dropping by the minute. His mask was slowly coming off.

All he wanted to do now was get the hell out, for he could feel the threatening tears that wanted to come down. No matter how physically strong he was, he knew his mental state was a bitter weakness. It didn't take much force to make him fall to his feet, quite literally, when Zero's body slams into something firm. It felt like it was made out of bricks, but he knew it had had to have been a person because he heard a surprised sound from the other. He looked up from where he had fallen and saw that the one he slammed into was none other than Takuma Ichijo. Who was quite startled to see Zero in the Moon Dormitory.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, I didn't see where I was going!" Takuma quickly got ahold of Zero's hand and pulled him to his feet. He started to dust off the dirt on Zero and looked at Zero's terrible face.

...shit.

"Zero-kun, are you okay? Did something happen?" His voice was filled with alarm. Jolting Zero out of whatever state he was in, Zero began to wipe fiercely at whatever embarrassment came from his eyes. He must have rubbed it too hard because when he touched where the tears would be, he only winced in pain. Before he could lower his hands, a pair of hands halt his movement. It takes him a moment before he connected the dots, Takuma Ichijo has his hand hostage in a somewhat tight grip.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?"

Like, one would drop a hot potato, Takuma quickly released his hands. Hands now freed, Zero was quick to whip out Bloody Rose and aim it at the vampire's chest, directly at his beating heart. "Don't make me put a bullet through you. What the hell do you think you're doing, Takuma-senpai?"

He was too careless, even if Takuma didn't act like a vampire and was easier to handle, Zero should've been more cautious. Takuma was still a bloody vampire.

Takuma didn't seem to be fazed at the anti-weapon that was pointed at his chest. Zero sees that the bright smile that was always on his face was still there. Was this guy a masochist?! Zero glares at him in agitation. Takuma only raises his hands slowly in surrender.

"I apologize, Zero-kun. I didn't mean to grab you so suddenly. It was only to stop you from rubbing your face too hard." Instead of a bright smile from before, Takuma gave Zero a helpless look in his direction. Don't ask how Zero knew the difference between Takuma's smiles; Zero just had an inkling feeling that Takuma gave him some sort of puppy eyes.

Zero stared down at his offender in suspicion for a bit, before pulling Bloody Rose from Takuma and storing it back on his body. But his hand doesn't stray far from it; the cold metal was still felt on his fingertips. If Takuma tried pulling anything funny, he wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger.

Takuma steps away to give Zero some space, and the concerned look from before replaces his natural facial expression. "What has you so upset, Zero-kun? Is there anything I could do to help you?"

"That's none of your concern, Takuma-senpai." Since when were the two of them well-acquainted? They usually barely exchange any words with one another, the most being a sentence or two.

His sentence should've been the end of it, and Zero would've left it at that. But this vampire...Zero doesn't know what he ate today, but instead of staying silent or yelling at Zero for being rude, he smiled?

Seriously, was this guy a masochist?

"Of course, it's my concern. We're friends, after all!"

When did I become friends with you?!

---

A/N: How do you guys like the changes? It's gonna be a bit different from before, but endgame is still the same.