The News (Updated)

"Kiryuu..."

Was it possible for such a word to be drenched in venom when spoken? It may sound implausible then, but now that it was spat in Zero's face, Zero would beg to differ.

With shoulders squared, he directed his piercing eyes into the ones of the person who had just spoken his name. Kaname Kuran. The proud, pureblood that felt like he was born specially to be a thorn in his side. His fingertips hover over Bloody Rose instinctively.

Over the past few years, you may have thought that their hatred would have lessened, but their relationship only grew more strain as time passed. When it was outed that Yuki was a pureblood herself, Zero hadn't been the same. He tried. He really did for her sake, to live with vampires and be civil with Kaname, but how does one easily forgive and forget the monsters that left him orphaned. The monster that caused him constant pain and acted like they were superior to others. The monster that was now a part of him.

Whenever they met, either with Yuki or alone, it would be a constant clash from both sides. He doesn't know if it was just his hatred of the other or only their personalities, but he knew that they were not compatible.

Yet, it was strange. Zero's hormonal body would beg to differ. For some cursed reason, Kaname was the one that appeared before him in his dreams. The one that would make him wake up with an unwanted guest. But no way in hell would they work out, plus seeing Yuki so happy with him; Zero did not wish to get in between their relationship. If Kaname kept his word and kept her safe, Zero was content if Yuki was content. He would rather bury these feelings deep within himself than burden her with it. It would be for the better.

Zero pretended not to notice Kaname's usual somewhat taunting eyes looking at him and instead, focused on Yuki, who was hanging beside the tall figure of her real brother. Seeing her small body wrapped around Kaname took a stab at his chest, it felt mocking to look at it, but Zero persisted.

The air in the room was growing thicker and thicker by the minute. You can hear the air crackle. While Zero knew with Yuki here, he would be safe. His hunter instincts screamed at him to grab Bloody Rose and be ready to aim and shoot at any given moment.

A hunter and two vampires in the same room, what strange circumstances.

The petite young vampire's voice quickly dispersed the silence in the room, trying to alleviate the tension in the air.

"Thanks for coming at such short notice, Zero-nii! I thought you wouldn't come." The youngest pureblood was beaming with delight. With his sharp trained eyes, Zero could tell that something was amiss. It seemed like, under that facade of her usual cheerfulness, she was worried about something.

"What do you bloodsuckers want?" He would rather be anywhere, but here. Now in enemy territory, his skin prickles in discomfort. His words may have sounded harsh, but he had no time for whatever antics they had instore. His body felt exhausted from both having to take care of his duties, and the churning hunger slowly crept within his frame like a starved wolf. It was almost time for his next feeding. He knew he did not look nor feel the best at the moment.

He was supposed to be on break right now until Yuki called and told him she had something important to discuss with him. It took everything within him to convince himself to come here.

Apparently, Lady Luck wasn't on Zero's side as he saw the elder pureblood standing beside Yuki, instead of the anticipated thought that it was just Yuki meeting with him. Clicking his tongue in annoyance, Zero began to feel impatient at the whole situation. Were they going to stand here all day without speaking? He has better things to do.

When Zero was about to turn his heel and leave, Yuki finally decided to speak. He could make out her fidgetting from where he stood.

"I, no, we wanted to let you know that we are planning to get married," Yuki said excitedly, "I wanted you to be the first to know and, if possible, have your blessing as my dear brother." Kaname lovingly squeezes Yuki's waist and tilts his head down to give her an indulgent smile. Yuki returns the favor by looking up with love shining in her eyes; a soft content smile appears on her face. It was clear to Zero that the two were entranced with one another. Zero tries to press back the painful jolt of pain that forces itself upon his heart and goes straight to his head, leaving him with a splitting headache and a grimace that wanted to appear on his face.