Chapter 14

The group sits laughing as Davie's voice wails over the speaker to the tune of We Will Rock You, the words barely recognizable as the well-known song. Andy sits beside me, shoulder leaning against mine, eyes squinting in laughter at the over dramatized antics accompanying the vocal modulations

Davie ends the song with a flourish and sits down. The eight of us clap as he bows in the booth.

"Who's next?" asks Marx.

"How about Jaynie?" suggests Benton, raising a challenging eyebrow.

I shake my head, blushing.

"Oh come one," Implores Andy. “It’ll be fun."

"Fine," I sigh, laughing awkwardly while we wait for a crying, pink haired boy to finish singing Over the Rainbow.

Soon, though, I’m standing on the platform scrolling through the songs until I come across a familiar title. Smiling evilly, I start it.

She has Porcelain skin

Eyes like burning water

Demonic demeanor

Always getting meaner

Don’t look her in the eye

Or she’ll have you at her side

Before you even know you fell

The twins stare at me in shock as I belt out their song. The lyrics flow through me without having to even look at the screen. My eyes close as I center my entire being on the words.

She’s a toxic doll

Spinning you on her finger

Telling you, you’ll never leave her

And if you ever consider

It’ll be the last thing that you do

As I sing, the mic becomes one with my hands, barely even noticed as I clutch it.

She’s Persephone

Damning you to the underworld

Cursing your soul

Worship her face

And it’s all you’ll ever know

The rest of the song ebbs from my lips until the last note. I open my eyes, returning to reality. Everyone in the bar stares at me before cheering. I smile widely, hurrying back to the table.

"Why didn’t you tell us you were that good!" shouts Marx in shock.

"Yeah, you’ve put the entire pub to shame," laughs Collin.

I blush, pulling my sweater over my hands.

"I didn’t think it was that big of a deal, to be honest."

"I didn’t think it was that big of a deal," mocks ___ in sing song tune. "You've got to be kidding."

I shake my head and they all just stare at me.

An hour later, we say our goodbyes to the boys and head back. With, fingers to lips and hushed tones we slip quietly into the unlit house, the time being well past twelve in the morning. Slinking up the stairs, we sneak into our rooms and into our beds.

~~~

super short chapter ugh