Chapter One

"Be good, pumpkin," My Dad squeezed me again for another hug. And Aunt Margie followed.

"Always call us, okay? Whenever there's a problem, never hesitate to call," she repeated for the nth time.

I dropped my backpack and hugged her back even more tighter.

"I will, don't worry about me." I assured them both. Sarina was the next one to say goodbye. Half an hour passed and I'm already waiting for my flight to be called.

Moments later, I'm aboard the plane bringing me to a new life I'm gonna be facing.

-------

"Oh my gosh! Kaeci!" I removed my headphones to hear another squeal of delight.

Sasha came running with her arms open engulfing me in a hug as soon as she reached me.

I eagerly returned the hug and kissed her on the cheeks. Unlike Sarina whose wardrobe consist mainly of white v-neck shirts and jeans, Sasha's wardrobe is mainly filled with dresses. Those flowy dresses that will never fail to give you the summer vibe.

"How was the flight?" She asks as she was helping me unload my trvelling bags from the trolley.

"It's okay. Never got any problem with travelling."

"Good. Would you like to eat first before we go home?" We're now walking side by side as approaching her waiting car.

"Sure! Pizza?" I asked hopefully giving her a pleading grin.

She shook her head with laughter. "Still the favorite, I see. But there's no Bacon toppings, honey. Its your personal recipe, so we can only eat that at home."

"Yeah." I said smiling. "Don't worry. As long as it's pizza, every slice would be a piece of heaven."

She laughed and started driving. We stopped at a cozy looking resto. Ordered and proceed eating. She have started asking me the schedule of classes I prefer.

"Well.. I loathe morning classes. Classes after lunch would be perfect." I answered and took a bite on my pizza.

"I see. I'll check with Margo if they have slots after lunch. She helped me with this." Margo is her bestfriend.

"How far is your house from here?"

"About 15 minutes. Let's go?"

------
I smile upon seeing Sasha's house. Its colors consist of beige, pink and gray. Its a two storey house with a wide front porch. There's a hammock on the right side of the front porch and it have a wide backyard perfect for week end barbecues.

"You like it?" She ask smiling.

"Yeah. It's cute."

"Perfect. There's three rooms upstairs. Yours would be the one on the right. I've put things I think you'll need there. If you want to change the wallpaper or any decoration I've put, its up to you. Alright?"

"Sure. What color's the wallpaper?"

"Ugh, lilac."

"Great. That's perfect!"

Sasha laughed and helped me bring my things upstairs.

"Most of the time I'm at the Coffee Shop or at the agency, so most of the time you'll be alone here until you start at the shop. But don't worry, half of the people living here are Filipinos so sooner or later you'll have lots of friends to talk to." She added.