Broken Dreams

She didn't looked. She didn't wanted to believe. Detective Frost kept explaining what happened but he queen of death, she will never believe in such a strange theory.
'Do you understand what I said Doctor Isles?'
The tears were falling, if the theory was true she just lost her best friend.
'I'm sorry doctor, I'm really sorry. We all know she was your best friend in the world. But you need to keep moving on. There is still hope'
'I'm going to leave Boston...'
'What? Why?'
'Detective, how would you feel?'
'She needs you! We need you!'
'She thinks I'm dead!' That Dennis killed me!'
'Maybe if...'
Maura Isles got up without the help of the detectives. She walked to the window and looked. How will she help her best friend. To Jane, the famous Maura Isles was just another dead body in the table, just another one returning to nothing. She never cries, but the queen of death felt like she lost the battle, all her life. She had the job, but could she do the job alone? Will she still be working with Jane? Will she be replaced by another detective, another person?
Maura Isles turned her look to Korsak and Frost again. They shared her feelings and no one knows what they would do.
'How can I help?'
'Well doctor, you can start again you're friendship. Maybe she will remeber! We don't know'
'Again?'
'Yes, I know it sounds crazy but is the only thing that may work. She remembers everything except you, doc'
She took a long breath and cleaned her tears. Jane saved her a thousand times, it was the time to save her, not from bad guys but from the future
'What does she remembers?'
Korsak smiled and together they tried to make everything right.

Jane woke up with a very familiar face looking at her. The face smiled and Jane gave her hand to the face. An hand touched Jane's face and she felt secure for a moment.
'Casey... what are you doing here?'
'They said you had a big accident with Maura'
'That is impossible. Maura is dead, she died months ago. Don't you remember?'
Casey looked really surprised with this sentence. Frost came in the room and looked at them.
'Hi Jane'
'Frost'
'How are you feeling today?'
'Tired, bruised'
'You will be fine'
'Frost can I talk to you outside?' Casey looked at Frost and he said yes with his head, he knew the question that was making Casey's mind going nuts.
Frost gave her partner a big hug and them walked out with Casey.
'Maura is alive! She thinks she is dead'
'Yeah I know'
'How?'
'Jane tried to protect Maura and save her. She gave her life to save her best friend. She would die for Maura. That must have generated a picture in her head that Maura was dead. She doesn't know. She thinks Dennis killed Maura.'
'And know Frost? They are best friends! How is Maura dealing with all of this?'
'Maura already knows, she is feeling misery but she wants to start all again with Jane, hoping that Jane's mind deletes the picture of Maura death.'
'What a story... Poor Maura, she must be...'
Casey never finished that sentence. Maura appeared at the wall and looked at Frost. Her eyes were red, maybe because she had a good crying putting everything outside.
'I'm ready.'
'Really doc?'
'Really.'
'Maura she doesn't remember you in the last months, to her you are dead.'
'Tenant Jones... I know what I'm facing, I know that she will not remember me, she can never remember who I am forever. But I need to give it a try. She saved me million times, she is my business and I want to do this. It will be hard but I would die for Jane. Detective Frost shall we?'
Casey hugged Maura. She just heard in her ear a big hold on and then she faced the door. Everything from the begging. From the start and she was ready.
They entered the room and Jane smiled. Maura smiled back but Jane's smile was to Frost.
'Frost is that you're girlfriend?'
Maura wanted to cry, to run away but she just sit right next to Jane.
'No Jane. This is Doctor Maura Isles and she is our new medical examiner'
'But I'm not dead yet Frost'
'She is a big friend. You two will work together, she will be almost like a partner to you'
Jane looked at Maura and smiled. Maura felt the tears in her eyes and she just cleaned them with her shirt.
'Hi, my name is Maura Isles but you can call me Maura'
'Jane, I'm Jane Rizzoli. Please don't cry, everything is going to be okay...'

So happy. Sorry but I'm travelling so I don't have a lot of time. Please like, comment and give me feedback. Hope you like it. Ask anything
Will Jane ever remember?