Chapter One: Forgotten

Russia.

I'd never been, but it held more memories than I would have ever imagined.

Here, I remembered Mina Veneill, my best friend. Fallen, but not forgotten. However, you'd never know because no one ever spoke of her. Not because we didn't want to, but we still missed her and it was a wound that had not healed yet.

I remember hearing her spew what sounded like vicious Russian words to her then boyfriend Travis Chamberlin. I didn't speak Russian, but I knew things had gotten heated between the two of them. Especially since he'd broken up with her later on. I remember it so clearly because that was the night I was attacked by the Queen B's. I remember it because the next day was the first time Jason McGowan said he loved me.

Or so I thought.

Things got a little complicated after that. Actually, things got very complicated after that. Three years ago, I never would have expected this. Hell, three years ago, I wouldn't have known what to expect.

"You're way too beautiful to be drinking alone." I turned to my left to see a handsome blond gentleman staring my way. He seemed like an international businessman type. The one who flew all over the country, banging a few chicks in every one to leave his mark. With that aside, he also looked like the married type. No ring, but experience written in the definition of his face. He had all of two wrinkles meaning he was in his mid forties at best or had many plastic surgeries. I was betting it was the former, his steel gray eyes betrayed him. He was still handsome nonetheless.

"I get that a lot." I admitted as I fooled around with my drink. Every time I went out for a drink, some guy always said that same old tired line. I have to admit though, it sounded much better in a Russian accent. It also sounded a bit creepy considering that he was probably older than my dad was. There was a line I couldn't cross, no matter how tempting. How awkward would that be if he met my dad? I can imagine the conversation You can't date my daughter. Oh, shut up and respect your elders.

"I can imagine. A man would kick himself for the rest of his life if he didn't introduce himself to you. Nikolai Petrov, and you are?" He introduced himself. Smooth move Mr. Petrov, I thought smooth move.

"Chelsey Hastings." I placed my hand in his out stretched one and he brought it to his lips. Yep, he definitely did this a lot. I wonder how many hands he'd kissed before mine.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl. Could I buy you a drink?" He wondered. I desperately wanted to say yes, but I couldn't indulge just any man who showed interest. No matter how long it's been. The offer was tempting, but I couldn't give in. But it was getting harder and harder to resist. The other week, we were all were playing truth or dare, and I was dared to have seven minutes in heaven with Seth. I wanted to, only to feel the physical contact of a man, but decided it would most likely ruin my relationship. Not to mention my friendship with Seth. I knew if I gave into the little crush he had on me, it'd be an issue. But I digress.

"I'd love to, Nikolai, but I'm sure my designated driver is about come in and whisk me away." I politely declined before downing the last of my vodka martini. As if on cue, my best friend Skylar came to get me. She tagged along to "Keep you from doing something stupid.", as she told me before we left. What could I do that was stupid? If I was going to do something stupid, I would have done it two years ago instead of now.

"Are you ready to go? The drivers' outside and the jet is waiting." She mentioned without acknowledging Nikolai's presence. I'm not sure if she was ignoring him because he was trying to hook up with me, or because I was giving him the time of day. Either way, she wasn't happy.