Chapter 4

Pic of Skylar's apartment

Skylar's POV
I woke up with Carla laying right beside me. I smiled warmly at her before kissing her forehead and getting out of bed. I had an early start today as i had a photoshoot at the seaside and it was quite far from it. Maybe 3 hours from here? Anyway i brush my teeth and quickly bathed before dressing up and going downstairs to make breakfast. I had no housekeepers as i always liked to do everything by myself especially cooking. It was my favourite hobby. I made some bacon and scrambled eggs as well as toasted some pieces of bread. I placed Carla's plate in the oven and ate my share. I drank some fruit juice. Then i washed the dishes and stretched my arms up. I went upstairs to get dressed nicely. I wrote a note and placed it on the nightstand before taking my keys and phone and went out. My driver was loyally waiting for me in front of the building. I got in the car and he immediately drove to the model agency. I didn't have to say anything as he already knew my schedule by now. When we arrived i thanked him and went inside the building before making my way to my manager's office. Mark greeted me with a hug and said: "Good morning Sky! How are you and Carla?"
"Good morning Marky we're both fine. Carla has only minor injuries." I replied.
"Good good. That girl will be the death of ya dude." I laughed at his remark and shrugged. "So when are we going to the seaside?" I asked.
"In some minutes, the team has yet to finish packing up." He replied while typing on his phone. I nodded before laying on the couch and dozing off. I abruptly woke up when someone shook me hard. "It's time to go doll." He smirked. I yawned and nodded before standing up and making my way to the car. The drive to the seaside was long and tiring. When we got there the sun was burning hot and all of us were sweating a lot. We started the photoshoot with me either in the water or on the sand. During the break i was sitting inside the van trying to hide from the scorching sun. Suddenly a magazine caught my eye. It was a business magazine where all successful entrepreneurs, CEOs, managers are interviewed and congratulated for their work and devotion. On the cover of the magazine was Drake Dellenova. My eyes widened i quickly read the article. Apparently he was the successful entrepreneur of the Anglos LTD, the most famous marketting firm. He earned many prizes throughout the year. I realised then that i saw him on the news. He was about to receive one of his prices. I thought back then that he had a unique dark aura around him. He oozed confidence and seemed to be mysterious. It's to be expected that he is a fucking cheater though as he really did seemed as a playboy. I frowned at the article before throwing it away and got out of the van for the continuation of the shoot. At 16 00 the shoot was finally over and i got to sigh in relief. I checked my phone to see that Carla had called me 3 times. She also texted me. I opened the text and read that she had gone back to Aunty Amy's house and thanked me for the breakfast. I smiled before texting her back. I put my phone away before making my way to the car. "What destination sir?" My driver asked. "Can you bring me to the restaurant near my house please, Callonzo's, i am way too tired to cook right now," i replied tiredly. He nodded before making 3 hours drive back home. When we finally arrived i asked him if he wanted to eat wth ne but he shook his head and went to park the car. I made sure to wear my hat and a sunglass to disguise myself. When i entered the restaurant and smiled at the waitress. I asked her to give me a table near the window. We made our way to the table and she gave my the menu before leaving me to decide. I scanned the menu rapidly before deciding to order the spaghetti bologna, a salad and a bottle of water. When the waitress came back i gave her my order and thanked her. She nodded and made her way back to the kitchen. I suddenly got the urge to go the toilet. I got up and walked towards the gent. I did my business before washing my head. I took off my hat and sunglass and wash my face with the cold water. Suddenly the door opened. My eyes caught the familiar face of the man i wanted to never really meet again.