XI • PHASE FOUR ☓ TARGET

I follow my stout target as he walks around cluelessly.

     He doesn't even realize that he's given me several chances to eliminate him, and is not cautious at all.

     I pout in disappointment knowing that it will take me little to no effort to get his tag. The fact that he's not even worth trying for almost makes me pity him. Almost. I'm still going to land a few hits, of course, but I honestly don't care. I'm sure that I can speak for everyone when I say that all he is is a pathetic, low-life man who only cares for himself. He is stubborn and infuriating, and it looks like he never learned his lesson to stop trying to poison rookies.

     His whole purpose, actually, is completely pointless. His pettiness of not being able to become a Hunter makes him hinder others' chances of obtaining that title, and it's more sad to see above anything else, really.

     But, getting his tag now would be too boring. If I acquire it now, I'll have nothing to do for several hours. I let out a sigh, but keep my senses on high alert when I hear rustling of leaves near my location. I turn quickly to see Satotz with shock evident on his face, maybe from me being able to notice that he is there.

     I give him a quick nod as a signal that I will not say anything about his whereabouts, and he nods back. Paying him no more attention than necessary, I leave Tonpa in search of Gon or Killua by jumping from branch to branch, and even swinging with half of my record speed.

     I glance at Ren to see his cheeks flapping in the wind, and the scene makes me chuckle.

     Cute.

     I continue maneuvering through the trees, and I finally spot one of the boys. Killua. I make it just in time to see him get kicked by one of the three weird brothers. I watch he gets up like the kick was nothing, and from up here, it really was nothing.

     I hop down right behind Killua from my branch, landing as softly as a feather. Then, I place my hand gently on his shoulder and he stiffens at first touch. He turns his head and looks at my face, then clicks his tongue.

     "Tch. I knew it was you," Killua grumbles. I let out a small giggle, and he puts his attention back to the three brothers. After a couple seconds, he's already shuffling through their tags with a feign of innocence. Once he finds the one he's looking for, he throws the others' tags in different directions.

     It's good that this friend of mine is strong enough to protect himself against people like the three he's encountered just now, but I also worry about how much more he will have to hurt in order to get stronger.

     "You noticed the bald ninja, huh?" Ren asks as his eyes look in the direction of where the bald ninja heads. A shame that he's going after the wrong one.

     "Eh–? You too?" Killua responds with astonishment. Ren and I nod as if that conclusion was the most obvious thing in the world. And it was. Who wouldn't notice a bald man sitting on top of tree branches?

     A moment of silence is followed by an unimpressed, "Heh!"

     Killua starts walking off, and I follow him, wondering about Gon.

     Is he alright? I hope he's alright. Did he get injured? He better be unharmed, or I swear I'll... Hmm, I wonder who is target is? Hopefully it's someone who's a good match for him

     My thoughts get interrupted by Ren, when he tells Killua, "It was fun to watch you, but Tenshi-sama is worried about Gon now, so we will be on our way."

Miracles in a LifetimeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara