Chapter Three

Kale's p.o.v.

Regret, regret is all I felt after that night. I didnt sleep at all for her emrald eyes huanted my dreams, the feeling of her soft skin under my ruthless hands was all I felt, every now and then a waft of how her hair smelt would hit my senses.

This hole plunder and slaughtering thing was getting realy old, this is exactely what my father warned me against. "I have lived for five hundred years and know best, but no, children will be children." he would say and now that I think about it I should have listened.

After my contract with the millatrery was finnished I desided to return to England, where my family home and father were waiting for me to return. My father was a widdower and refused any lady who even loked his way. He promised my mother he'd be faitful and he definatly cept hos prommis, you see my mother has been dead for almost a hundred and fifty years.

When I reached the door it was slung open all of a sudden and I was pulled into a strong and loving embrase of my father, whom I guess must have missed me if I was going by the bone cruntching hug I was recieving.

"The people in this house are driving me crazy, I absolutely forbid you to ever leave for such a long time ever again!" He said in a huff which made me cuckle in return. "As you wish father..." I said but was interrupted by a squeel of exitement as Hilery, the house ceeper's daughter as she slammed her now teenage body into my person. I swung her around as we bouth laughed. She had turned into a real beauty.

"I can't believe you're back, I missed you so much." she said breathlessly as we stood grinning at each other totaly ignoring the old man in the door way.

"Kale this is your father," he said pointing at himself, "stop ignoring me!" he shouted. Both Hilary and I laughed at his antics.

"Sorry father, but I will always have you, Hil will only be ninety or something." She gasped and hit my arm playfully. Although I was smiling and jocking around, the feeling deep inside my soul never seced. My smile fultered for a second and I knew my father saw it, thankfully he cept quiet but I knew we would be playing twenty questions later.

"Son," he said still in a light voice, "remember I told you my friend from way back when? Well he's here with his wife from Ireland," he said and my heart constricted, "unfortunatly their daughter and her husband, the duke, couldn't make it because of a tragic event." Hilary finished for him.

My heart was now in my shoes and my stomach was in my troat as we made our way inside to neet my fathers guests. When my eyes swept over them, I could clearly see her, she had her fathers eyes, only brighter, his hair, just a little lighter, she had her mothers pale complexion and cupid bow lips, the only differance between her and her mother was that her mother had flaming red hair and blue eyes.

I felt like I was sufficating on the air I was taking in, in short gasps, "You must be Kale," her father said in his thick acceny and a huge smile on his face, taking my outstreched hand and shaking it.

"That I am sir, that I am." I said with a fake but not so fake smile on my face.

My father and his friend spoke in private for a while, while Hill and I caught up with emerald eye's mother. I asked her if she knew what had happened to her daughter and the duke, and to my utmost surprise her answer was a freak fire that had started in the castle, so I asked her what had happened to the villige and yet again I was surprised, she said, "After the towns people saw their was no one to boss them around and tell them what to do the went ransid, killing each other ans stealing, eventually they just torced the place." she said with tears in her eyes and sorrow in her voice.

"I am sencerly sory for your loss." I said with so much truth in it that it hurts.

"It's okay deary, your not the one that killed her." she said with a sad smile and a regretful tone. I gulped at that.

"If by any chance, could you maybe tell me her name?" I asked tentively out of curciosity.

"Alex, Alexia Emilia McKullen." she sead sadly, eyes cast down. Just as I got up to comfort her, my father and her husband walked into the room with shock faces. Kaydens expression softened as he took in his wife's state. He walked over to her and pulled her into his arms, holding her as close to him as possible, he placed a kiss on her head and wispered sweet nothings to her in Irish as she burried her head in his shoulder.

Hillary came in and announced that dinner was ready. We eat, we made polite small talk, especially my father and Kayden. They spoke of their travels and battels and all the amazing things they did in their life time. They also spoke of a man named Drie and how the three of them were the best of friends.

After dinner my father called me to his study to talk. We walked trough the halls in silent as we made our way to my fathers study. When we reached his study my father held the door open for me, I took a seat infront of his desk but he only leaned aginst it, he was silent for a couple of seconds... and then he spoke, "You did it, didn't you? You killed  her, Kayden's daughter." he stated more than asked. I bowed my head in shame for no answer was needed.

"It's alright son, you didn't know, you hadn't met the McKullins untill earlyer today." he said calmly then continued, "I'll admit that I was surprised to hear how much destruction you brought, but I too had a bloodlust when I was young and it only subsided when I met your mother." he said.

"I just wish I could bring her back," I stated, my head still bowed, "She felt so right." I said looking up at my father as he nodded in understanding. Even though it was off of my chest, guilt and regret still stayed with me.